LG 55UJ6200 BEFORE & AFTER tape fix/fine tuning success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55UJ6200 BEFORE & AFTER tape fix/fine tuning success

Saw something interesting. There are little gold contacts along the board inside that controls the video signal. Some of them have conductive tape, some do not. One had the tape peeling from it when I openened it to look. Could this be a grounding issue? I'm really crossing my fingers on this one. I wonder if I put some tape on that and make the contact better it will be fine.... Picture:
    Attached Files

Comment

Also REALLY hoping I don't have to repair these tiny caps:
      Attached Files

Comment

After a lot of fussing with the tape and trying different pins and combinations I've landed on the most successful result. The least amount of pins I can cover are pins 11, 12 & 13. The picture is solid, color is correct and no flicker occurs. There is however very fine lines in the entire image, top to bottom.

Just want to share this information in case this becomes a predictable fault in this particular panel. I have watched a few videos on youtube and the best fix for a shorted panel seems to be the tape method. They discovered there parallel lines in the ribbon cables and if you cover them, the picture clears right up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUWapOBtm0Y

Only question remains: how is it some owners report a perfect picture with this method yet I am still seeing lines in mine? Is there some perfect amount of pins to cover and how can I determine the correct ones? Could a combination work? Like say first 1 & 2 pins covered, skip a few then cover 4 etc... boom perfect picture. I have yet to arrive at that result but I am determined since this set has the potential to be the best quality image out of all the tvs I have found.
        Attached Files

Comment

Try to cover more pins, so you isolate the the whole group of pins driving bad side.

Comment

In my experience it's just the luck of the draw... the degree the tape method works depends on where the screen is shorted. with some, faint lines is the best that can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
              Try to cover more pins, so you isolate the the whole group of pins driving bad side.
              That's an interesting approach. How many pins should I try? Half of the cable?

Comment

Originally posted by Noobwithamultimeter View Post
                That's an interesting approach. How many pins should I try? Half of the cable?
                I did it only once on UK series, was about 12 pins and result was pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                X