Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquous LC-60EQ10U

Hey all,
    My tv is on the fritz! After 2- 3 minutes form power on, the picture will develop horizontal lines and fluctuating colors and some screen freeze. I replaced the tconn board but still have the same issue.
    I was doing some research and found some discussions about tabs. Not sure what is meant by tabs. Also, some confusing information in one of the threads that side tabs are / are not present. How do I tell if I have tabs? Side tabs or bottom tabs? If they can be removed or if the tv itself is lost?
    I will try to upload some photos for a better insight to the picture.

Any assistance is appreciated!
    Thanks

Re: Sharp Aquous LC-60EQ10U

OK as promised, I am uploading images of the picture. I am disconnecting the ribbon cables from right to left and will include the image that results from that connection.

Far Right Result
    Far Right Connection
    Middle Right Result
    Middle Right Connection
    Middle Left Result
    Middle Left Connection
    Far Left Result
    Far Left Connection

As you can see, the picture remains poor and scrambled until the far left connection is removed. There is a good picture on the left side and scrambled on the right side. The horizontal lines remain and protrude into a portion of the good picture on the left of the screen. I am thinking this is only a result of the right side of the screen being scrambled and having some influence on the left of the screen.
    This comes back to the tabs. I see how to remove the frame from around the panel. The frame is one piece and has tabs located at different point around the panel. Are the tabs that affect the screen performance located on the screen side and can be accessed once the frame is removed?

Again, any help is appreciated. I am stopping further disassembly until I have some relies. It is still not too late to involve a professional
    Attached Files

Comment

Shidoxen, Good thread started by Shidoxen, might help, not sure how to link it but you can put Shidoxen in the search at top of this page and check thread.

Comment

Hey nomoresonys, thanks for the reply. I tried to search Shidoxen but it only comes back to my thread. I appreciate the suggestion just need to find another way to that thread.
        Thanks again!

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54837
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks dick barton, I blanked out on the copy paste, lol.

Comment

Thanks to all for responding and helping to get the thread for me to follow. This is the thread that I had researched earlier that I made a reference to having or not having side tabs. As you read the thread, there is a poster that states the LC-60EQ10U does not have the side tabs. Several posts later, another poster corrects the no side tab poster and states there are side tabs.
              I guess I will just have to take the plunge and determine what I need to go forward. One thing for sure is the TV does not function now and by the time I am done, it will either need to be recycled or it will work and last a few more years.
              Thanks

Comment

Cool, let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                X