Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fic Az11

Hi All,
    Am going to re-cap a FIC AZ11 (rev. A2) primarily as a booting practice board ( It doesn't boot at this time.). All the large caps are Choyo 2200uf @ 10v. ( I've identified the only Choyo which is visibly bad.) A number of Teapo and one I.Q. There is one brand I need help identifying. They say "S.I." (with a registered trademark as well). They run in size from 4.7uf to 330uf.

Please disregard the ink on the top of the caps; part of my inventorying process
    Thank you!
    Richard
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cap'n Cheapy; 02-17-2009, 12:34 PM.
    "The world is full of alchemists who are, unfortunately, deluded as to the value of gold."

"To see the wealth of nature is to understand the nature of wealth"

WhozitSayzit

Re: Fic Az11

IIRC the I.Q. and S.I. caps are both OST. Forgot where and how I found that out, but they were all over my old VA-503+ I recapped.

Good luck with the board - I bought two cheap AU11's off ebay once that were advertised non working. One dead, the other had bad onboard video. Victims of Bestec PSU blowouts. One never did come back to life, and the other got recapped and paired with a working AGP card and given to my sister.

Comment

S.I. is not OST it is I-Sing.
      http://www.i-sing.com.tw/

I.Q. is OST though.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Their website is crazy.
        Seem to have only one series.
        http://www.i-sing.com.tw/produsts_2.htm

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Yeah, the site certainly appears to be designed for folks who start off with cheap Chinese crap in order to make a more complicated type of cheap Chinese crap.
          The FIC board worked up until I ditched it for a faster platform. Can't remember now whether I had any trouble with it before I stopped using it. Tried using it again a few years later and it wouldn't boot.
          Thank you both for your responses.
          Richard
          "The world is full of alchemists who are, unfortunately, deluded as to the value of gold."

"To see the wealth of nature is to understand the nature of wealth"

WhozitSayzit

Comment

I had several FIC FR33E-L each with 4 470uF 10v S.I. on them in service for a while.
            Still have them, just not using them anymore.
            S.I. on mine never bloated but I have seen them bloated on same board in photos.
            I think maybe they only have issues when a crappy PSU is used.

-

- Dr Seuss
            -
            -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ
              S.I. is not OST it is I-Sing.
              http://www.i-sing.com.tw/
              That rings a distant bell.

My VA-503+ was never stable - the recap didn't fix that problem. The AU11 seems pretty decent though - wish I could fix the dead one.

Edit - my mistake, they're actually AU31's.

Comment

I have a couple AZ11's, 1 is FIC and the other is the Compaq version.
                I recapped both of them long ago but didn't have much luck.

The FIC was unstable, probably because the +5v line was weak for whatever reason.

The Compaq had a goofy IDE1 port/controller. It misidentified every drive I plugged in to it and couldn't boot from them. It came up with insane drive sizes, and even glitched the identification strings.
                Booting from a floppy still worked and was stable.

==
                Just more confirmation about I.Q. and OST - I've seen some caps that have both names on them together.

Comment

Working...
                X