X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

I have a couple LCD TV's that I'm in the process of repairing (an Olevia 537-B12 and a Westinghouse VR4085DF). This site has been invaluable. I have some electrical experience (house wiring and computer repair), but this is the first time I've tackled TV repair. Thank you for a great site!

Regards

Comment

Hello. my name is William and i have a non-working vizio vx42L hdtv 10a. no sound no pic. the vizio light is on amber and power up with remote and power button on side of unit. but will not turn off unless ii is unplugged.
      it just happened one day, it would not come on.

i have reviewed your posts, before pullig it off the wall, and thought it would be a bad capaictor. no avail. they all look good.
      the u33 looks good. as a matter of fact everything looks good, nothing burnt nor leaking nor bloated.
      i am without pro testing equiptment. i do have a sperry dsa-500, a little slow but it does work good enough.
      i have been on you tube and all thru nearly every post concerning the vx42l.
      thank you for having me here.

Comment

Hi all, I'm Ian. I've been given a non-working Samsung lw26a33wx LCD TV. I thought it would be a good project for repair and a google search got me here

Comment

Hi, I am New to this Forum..I like to repair Vintage electronics and fix most of my own stuff. I worked as a Mechanic for 36 years and have been retired for the last two.

Thanks,
          John.

Comment

Hello everyone, My name is Allen and I've repaired a few TVs with bad capacitors and I've decided it's time I officially joined the forum to try and contribute rather than just lurk. I enjoy electronics design and fabrication in my spare time although my full-time job is industrial electronics design. Hopefully I can learn something and maybe even teach someone something I've learned, myself!

All my best,

Allen AKA GeneralSpecific

Comment

Hello everyone.
              I'm from Poland, and I'm electronic engineer.

Regards!

Comment

hi everyone, i'm from philippines an electronics technician enthusiast...

best regards to all...

Comment

Hello !
                  I'm from Romania and I'm a electronic engineer. Very usefull site !

Comment

Hello everybody,
                    I am from Bosnia and this is my first approach to this site. It looks quite usefull!
                    Thanks and best regards to all of you!
                    D.

Comment

Want to introduce myself, my name is Beau and I am from Texas. I want to thank all the participants and contributors here and let you all know your efforts, whether labors of love or even just plain spite, are greatly appreciated. I much like most of you are constantly learning new tricks and tips. I just hope that some don't get frustrated with answering questions, because I am going to ask them. I have a list formed and ready to unleash, so without further adieu, let's light this puppy up. Thanks.

Comment

Greetings from Springhill, Florida. First computer which is still in the attic from 1980,

Radio Shack TRS-80 Model III
                        Introduced: July 1980
                        Price: US $699 base model
                        US $2495 w/ 32K, dual drives.
                        CPU: Zilog Z-80, 2.03 MHz
                        RAM: 4K, 48K max.
                        Ports: Cassette tape, expansion, serial
                        Display: 12-inch B/W monitor: 64 X 16 text
                        Strorage: 0, 1, or 2 internal 178K floppy drives
                        External cassette @ 500 / 1500 baud

I actually thought it was a screaming machine back then. Great posts and information here and hope to learn a lot from the crew. Thanks............
                        Larry Dean Sturgeon
                        Springhill, Florida 34609-5215
                        Formally: Washington, Daviess, Indiana
                        Withlacoochee Chapter - Sons of the American Revolution
                        http://www.flssarwith.org/
                        "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God or the Bible." George Washington

Comment

Didn't know this site existed. Glad I found it. I was an electronics tech in the Navy, taught electronics for several years and now I'm working in a large HR department developing training for the company. Hope to get a lot of info from you guys.

Comment

hi my name is pat, i'm from australia and i've used your forum before to fix one lcd panel with bad power supply with burnt out high voltage ceramic caps, and found it very helpful. got the exact cap values and positions on board. thanks to you, i have a working 40" lcd for total cost of $30, that includes expensive shipping so i ordered surplus caps. thanks!

i've come back now for another lcd, and from what i've learnt it could be the t-con board. will post thread in appropriate place. thanks

Comment

Hello, my name is Alex and I'm from Romania. I am an electronics enthusiast (PCs, game consoles, gadgets etc.). I also enjoy computer modding.
                              I only found this site today but was instantly attracted by the topics and the general atmosphere here.
                              Thank you and best regards!

Comment

hello, friend i´m from Spain but i could help, i´m a electronic tecnician, i hope that i can help you and the forum is very interesting i like it. thanks for your friendship and for this oportunity.

Comment

Hello everybody my name is James . I've been into electronic's since the 70's & have my own business . TV's are my specialty .
                                  Board level repair i find the most fun , as swapping boards anyone can do .
                                  I hope to give info that can help people fix there TV's as well as receive info on some others .

Comment

My experience started with my 60's navy days as a Communications Technician and the UYK-3 computer. I went on to stints with IBM/Siemens Technical Support for customer engineers and am now retired from the work scene and loving it.
                                    Last edited by moatdea; 05-07-2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

hi all, i want to learn about lcds repair world

Comment

Hi everybody..
                                        I am from Sunshine coast Australia. Retired electrical engineer with time on his hands and a shed full of lcd and plasma tvs that nobody wants. This forum looks pretty neat as it appears to have the down to earth average person who wants to fix things cheaply and by themselves while learning and enjoying the thrill of the chase. I look forward to meeting some of the members and thank everyone for their support and hope i can help out as well... cheers..

Comment

Hello Folks, My name is Robert and I have a LG RU-50PZ 61 flat screen and I have a problem with fuzzy lines of resolution(?) rolling up the screen. These fuzzy bands start at the bottom of the screen as just a dotted line that migrates from the bottom to the top of the screen, (straight across), and then are followed by a full, fuzzy line about an inch or so behind the first and then another follows that one and so on with each fuzzy line getting thicker up to a little over an inch thick and then the process starts over. I was thinking there might be a resolution adjustment???? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                          X