This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Well hello there.... I was looking for info on TS'ing a power-up problem on a TV, found links to these forums, read them, was very impressed with the helpfulness and knowledge, so I joined.

Comment

I'm a novice with some questions.
      I'm not in the same league as the others posts, if this is not where i belong please let my know

Comment

Many thanks for letting me in here.
        I'm a bit of novice, but have many repairs that are still working (and a few that aren't!)

Comment

Hello! Have questions about my LG 60" with some slight flickering and want to address it before it fails. I've fixed a couple TVs and looking for more info.

Comment

Hello!

I just found this forum and thought a lot of the sections here were relevant to my hobbies, so here I am! My main hobby has been building computers and I have some experience in electrical repair. I've been looking to expand my electrical repair skills as I've been getting into DIY projects that involve a soldering iron and lots of little parts. I've also been looking for somewhere to go when I have an issue with some of my hardware that I think I can fix. Anyway, glad to be aboard!

Comment

I have been fixing monitors in amusement machines since the 70's. now I fix tvs as a hobby mainly for friends and family. this site has helped me before but I never joined until today. hoping to get more access to schematics and info. thanks to everyone.

Comment

Hey thanks for having me!

Comment

I am looking for help with my vizio tv

Comment

Hello--my name is Jack. I have many years in tv and electronics repair. I am currently partially disabled--but do enjoy helping other techs and such to solve their problems. I AMY be getting back "into the groove" so to speak---in the near future. I want to do so--I like repairing things--it is in my nature.

I have repaired all types of tv sets, such as CRT, DLP, LCD and plasma sets and connect vintage electronic items as a hobby.

I have dome this as a living, since 1987--till last year--when I got sick. I DO miss it though. I still love to fix things--when I get a chance.

Jack.

My screen name comes from a rare tv, the RCA 2000 set--made in 1969--nearly a decade ahead of its time...I own 2 of them, It is all SS and has a CTC-47 SS chassis. My oldest set is a GE model 801, 1947.

Comment

Hello.

I'm a retired ex military technician, just keeping my hand in and my brain active.

John

Comment

Hi.
                        I'm an ex computer technician that is still trying to maintain his skills.
                        Thank.

Phibs

Comment

I am a hardware enthusiast and I own a small laptop repair business.

Comment

Hello,
                            I'm Benjamin from france, I'm a badcap repair center only for my friends

Thanks for this excellent forum

Comment

Hi my name is Will and I will be seeking some electronics repair advice shortly.

Comment

hello fellow seekers of info on all things electronic-ran across this site looking for info on semiconductor replacement info and also on (guess what?) bad caps in computers and tv sets! have worked in the consumer electronics repair industry since 1985 and i am still learning something every day!!

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm just a 21 year old guy trying to get his samsung tv to come back to life.
                                  Always loved fixing things, and this is no exception.

Comment

Hey, the name's Luxi. I stumbled across this forum looking to fix the board on a 24" Samsung monitor that died on me. With the information on this great site I was able to get it up and running again. So a big thank you from me!

Comment

Hi everyone, nearly 30 years in process control and automation, but been tinkering with electronics since school. Badcaps is an invaluable resource and have pinched tips from here many times - thought I'd better register, maybe I can give something back.

Comment

Hi from Sweden!

I stumbled upon this site through a Google search.
                                        Building computers and trying to fix other electronic stuff.

Comment

Heyo! Newbie at the electronics game but have dabbled in the technology since the stone age when computers were big as a house and were fed punch cards (IBM 360/UNIVAC 1050 era!). Curious because all the servicing shops around here have become electronic "replacemen" instead of "repairmen".

Retired USAF MSGT (22+ yrs), ; gave that time to Uncle Sam so I figured I'd take that
                                          much time for myself also and it aint run out yet!

Anyway, I got a technical question on my first new type TV (victim!) so I'll say "Hi" and get this over with. Feel free to ask any questions to this 'ol country boy and thaks for letting me join in your forum!

Comment

Working...
                                          X