Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN46C630K1FXZA no picture or backlight

Hi folks,

I went to turn my LN46C630 off the other night and it only kind of turned off. Power was still being applied to the USB ports (I have a little bias lighting strip) and the backlight stayed on. The TV was unresponsive to remote signals. I let it sit for 20 or 30 minutes before pulling the plug.

The next day, I plugged it back in and went to turn it on, but it wouldn't turn on. Here's what it does: the standby light blinks a few times, then goes off for a bit, then comes back on. No backlight, no picture (tested with a flashlight). I took the back off and visually inspected the power supply for bad caps—nada. I checked the two fuses on the power supply—both good.

I ordered a new TCON board from ShipJimmy based on a forum post I found elsewhere, but that didn't solve the problem. I'm glad I found this forum because y'all seem a lot more knowledgeable. I disconnected the mainboard from the power supply and the backlight does come on, so that's good. I tried heating up the mainboard with a hair dryer, pushing on the chips with an insulated screw driver, and flexing the mainboard a bit. Nothing has worked so far.

Where do I go from here? I have a multimeter but I haven't touched a soldering iron in 20 years. The board is a BN94-02701G; the only replacement board that ShopJimmy has in stock is for the 55" model (link), so I'm not sure that will work. And of course it's not lost on me that if I'm going to spend all this money on new parts I might as well just buy a new 4K HDR TV.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    Last edited by bambinone; 07-12-2018, 10:49 PM. Reason: added board part number

Re: Samsung LN46C630K1FXZA no picture or backlight

Mostly the memory is broken. You can trade the EEprom for a blank one. The describes itself the first time turn on again, but with you the BGA itself will be broken. With Samsung, you can change the panel in the service menu and with a little luck, the main of the 55 inch will go with you.

Greetings Thomas

Comment

Working...
    X