LG 60pz750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60pz750

I just fixed this model, had the cracked solder joints on the coils of both z sus and y sus, with only 3 shorted igbts. I replaced them and another 3 FGPF4633 with 6 gt30j124 (I wanted to try them, overkill but cheap) The main fuse on the z sus was blown also.
    The tv fired right up and I scanned for channels, and all was great. This morning I put a usb drive with a movie on it and it played perfectly. I changed inputs back to tv and no signal on all 42 that I can get!!! Hdmi and the usb port still work.
    I am going to try a firmware update on it, and then maybe a factory reset if needed.
    Has anybody solved this issue? Mainboards are extinct for this set, only repair services from e bay. Will post results.

Re: LG 60pz750

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
    I just fixed this model, had the cracked solder joints on the coils of both z sus and y sus, with only 3 shorted igbts. I replaced them and another 3 FGPF4633 with 6 gt30j124 (I wanted to try them, overkill but cheap) The main fuse on the z sus was blown also.
    The tv fired right up and I scanned for channels, and all was great. This morning I put a usb drive with a movie on it and it played perfectly. I changed inputs back to tv and no signal on all 42 that I can get!!! Hdmi and the usb port still work.
    I am going to try a firmware update on it, and then maybe a factory reset if needed.
    Has anybody solved this issue? Mainboards are extinct for this set, only repair services from e bay. Will post results.
    I dunno, $300 bucks gets you a new board.

https://encompass.com/item/9629263/L...assis_Assembly

I'd be tempted to reflow or replace the tuner module. I've had a PK750 with a bad one, hardly picked any channels up or displayed bad signal quality, broke up a lot. Replaced the module and fixed. Was not a Sanyo module but could be similar internals

Comment

those sets are notorious for having the main chip in the main board fail... you can sometimes get the set to work correctly but heating the chip with a heatgun to troubleshoot but the issue will return unless its repaired... BTW you can get these boards repaired on ebay for like $75...
      #1 issue is a lit up blank screen.

Comment

A reflow of the bga chip did the trick.

Comment

Working...
        X