Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-L42E5E flickering LED

Good day guys,

I am trying to repair this older model of LCD TV Panasonic TX-L42E5E for my family. This older type is known for its single edge LED strip technology.

First of all, it worked for many years and then TV just goes to stand by suddenly. No RED light blinks, just turned off and I can repeatlly trying to turn on, nothing, sometimes its start but a few seconds turn off again.

So I inspected componencts, found nothing (like capacitors etc.) decided to replace edge LED then. After replacing LED TV started to work and can be switched on with no problem, but new LED started to flicker. (strip is on right side of TV). It flicker with higher intensity when there is more brigntess and colors/light on screen. After 2 hours of testing/running programs etc. TV again started to shutting down. Sometimes it lasted for hour sometimes after 5 min when more brigtness was adden.

Then I buyed second LED strip to test if first one was bad. Again, flickering problem and I am not going to destroy second LED by testing TV for hours if it stops aaaand I found this great forum, searched for similiar problems and TV, but found nothing :/ so I created new topic. Here some photos and video of flickering. Thank you for help.

Here is video of flickering TV on YouTube:
    https://youtu.be/d4vcaMRClm8

Pictures of components:

Attached Files
    Last edited by 0AiVeN0; 04-03-2021, 11:34 AM.

Re: Panasonic TX-L42E5E flickering LED

If you switch off "Eco Mode" does it make any difference?
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

No, tested with first LED strip and no difference. Played with color/brightness/contrast and all settings, reset to factory, tryed to update software but nothing.

Comment

CAREFULLY check the voltage of C7213, check with tv on, meter set to VDC 600 one probe on each leg, what's the voltage and is it steady? Be CAREFUL this is the HOT/DEADLY side.

Comment

Check all your diodes and resistors too.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            CAREFULLY check the voltage of C7213, check with tv on, meter set to VDC 600 one probe on each leg, what's the voltage and is it steady? Be CAREFUL this is the HOT/DEADLY side.
            When turned on first time it was from 384 jumping to 388-389, when i tryed second time it was 388 to 392 jumping, even with TV program ON.

Inspected all parts, found nothing. Only around this one, its a little darker area.

Attached Files

Comment

the edge led which you replaced are defect at the first group. or one solder point at the strings socket burned / heated

edit: you can always test each group at replacing ( switching ) the led - of the group with other line to be sure on the defect.
              Last edited by Diah; 04-11-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X