Sharp LC-32D44U - Power and OPC lights flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-32D44U - Power and OPC lights flashing

Hello everyone, so the problem is the tv would seem to power up when i hit the power button as i would hear a relay click, sometimes it may give me a good picture for about 5 secs or so, sometimes i get a black screen, then shortly after it will click back off and i get power and opc lights flashing together twice followed by one flash of the opc light then it repeats.
    Please correct me if i'm wrong but i understand the flash sequence indicates a possible power supply problem, can anyone say if this is accurate information? So going on that i went ahead and tried a factory reset, checked all caps,checked for any loose soldering and finally tried replacing tny274(someone suggested i try this) - same problem.
    I have a strong steady 5v as the flash sequence is going on, absolutely no other voltages on any of the other pins/connectors.
    I would appreciate anyone's suggestion on what it could be, going on the info i gave, if it could be power supply, mainboard or some issue with the ccfl lamps, yeah, it's an old tv.

A few pics :
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC-32D44U - Power and OPC lights flashing

The tnyxxx ic should be the standby ic so that should not cause the problem, You say you never get any voltage on any of the connector pins, If you have 5v standby and you press the power button you should see the PS_ON voltage go high (3~5v)

Make sure you have all the screws in the inverter/ps board, sometimes if the grounds are not good it can cause a error.
    The error seems to point to the 13v section on the power supply, but without the PS_ON signal that section won't be turned on.
    Last edited by R_J; 02-09-2022, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      The tnyxxx ic should be the standby ic so that should not cause the problem, You say you never get any voltage on any of the connector pins, If you have 5v standby and you press the power button you should see the PS_ON voltage go high (3~5v)

Make sure you have all the screws in the inverter/ps board, sometimes if the grounds are not good it can cause a error.
      The error seems to point to the 13v section on the power supply, but without the PS_ON signal that section won't be turned on.
      It seems the voltages ( including the 13v ) momentarily appear then fade's away, as it goes into the flashing sequence but i will double check the ps_on voltage as i power it up - if it comes up and then goes away could i assume this is where i should focus on? Thank you for your reply.

Comment

So i managed to check the PS_ON voltage, it is present at 3.05v also i get a steady 13v, at this point the picture comes on and then all of a sudden within 5-10 secs the set clicks off and the flashing sequence gets going, the only voltage that remains is the 5v, if i hit the power button again the process repeats..

All grounds tightly secured and in place.

Comment

The power supply PS_ON signal turns on the power supply producing 13v but also produces voltage to the inverter section, and all these voltages are monitored and can shut down the power supply.
          It could be a bad ccfl in the panel?

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            The power supply PS_ON signal turns on the power supply producing 13v but also produces voltage to the inverter section, and all these voltages are monitored and can shut down the power supply.
            It could be a bad ccfl in the panel?
            So there might be the possibility of the inverter section causing the shutdown, i would need to check there for the problem? sounds like i might also be looking at the chance of the CCFL backlight having some issue

Sorry i didn't see your last reply before i responded
            Yeah i feel you're pointing me in the right direction R_J Thanks.
            Last edited by TVAddict; 02-09-2022, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X