• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN70NU6900 red light two blinks

.. found the manual .. 2 blinks is panel error

search yandex ..
    Samsung+UN65NU6900F+Chassis+UEZ83.pdf

.. psu voltages are normal .. tv cycles backlight on and off 5 seconds .. 2 blink code

.. disconnecting both flat cables from mainboard and the TV stays on backlight and the CPU is running .. no hotspots or faulty voltages

.. disconnected one side then other flatcable from t-con .. the tv stays on .. black screen no images and backlight running .. no blinks when one or both t-con cables are disconned

.. visual inspection .. nothing bad on panel driver boards .. 3.3v going to eeprom chip

.. will keep checking further today with more results .. next up is probably MLCC's on panel board .. would really hate to waste a 70 incher
    Last edited by jimmyboy111; 12-09-2021, 06:56 AM.

Re: Samsung UN70NU6900 red light two blinks

MLCC's on driver board check out .. Winbond 25Q32JVSIQ eeprom chip is showing 3.3v on pins 1 7 and 8 .. 8 is VCC so this is not right (at least on the datasheet)

.. not showing a short between the pins .. will probe chip with scope and reboot to see if there is activity

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyboy111 View Post
      MLCC's on driver board check out .. Winbond 25Q32JVSIQ eeprom chip is showing 3.3v on pins 1 7 and 8 .. 8 is VCC so this is not right (at least on the datasheet)
      y
      Source?

Comment

closest I could find so there is a chance I could be wrong .. will have to probe around and see what happens in the morning
        also checked the flat cables for any oxidation or burnt spots .. reseated all the connections between the boards and closely looked at the mainboard .. nothing yet

winbond W25Q32JV 0900766b81622f8f.pdf

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...4b2433bb13.pdf
        Last edited by jimmyboy111; 12-09-2021, 08:28 PM.

Comment

The source is good and is says operating voltage is 2.7 to 3.6V

Comment

Yes for pin 8 only .. it says 2v max for the logic pins table 9.1

.. this TV has 4 separate panel driver boards so I decided to disconnect each one back and forth .. same thing .. it gives 2 blink error with everything plugged in .. I disconnect one and it stays on

.. after looking closer I see a slight horizontal line across the top of the LCD panel when it first turns on .. the screen is black but this is a shade lighter .. so this may actually be a bad panel

.. still going to probe with scope to see what the chips do but it looks grim at this point

http://imgur.com/a/cGI4A4f
            Last edited by jimmyboy111; 12-10-2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Yes for pin 8 only .. it says 2v max for the logic pins table 9.1

http://imgur.com/a/cGI4A4f
              Transient Voltage on any Pin VIOT <20nS Transient
              Relative to Ground –2.0V to VCC+2.0V V

VCC + 2V = 3.3+2 = 5.3V

Comment

You're correct .. VCC staring me right in the face so 3.3v on pins 1 and 7 should be ok

.. didn't get much further today .. had to deal with an firebug trying to burn my house down

.. I guess I will live probe all the chips on the panel driver board and the t-con section on the mainboard in the morning

Comment

Tested chips with scope .. firing up and oscillating fine until the error code hits so giving up No Fix .. owner came by to get TV

.. hopefully next one goes better

Comment

Tested chips with scope .. firing up and oscillating fine until the error code hits so giving up No Fix .. owner came by to get TV

.. hopefully next one goes better
                    Hello, i just got in UN70NU6900 and it is doing same thing, when any one ribbon cable is disconnected tv stays on and plays Samsung music and i can hear clicks when remote is pressed. This model does not have tcon board and same results happen if left or right ribbon is disconnected and same with actual ribbon between boards that go into screen.
                    What were you about to look for next or test next?

I would be pissed off really bad if my not even 2 years old tv crapped out on me like this.

Comment

Search this model number on YouTube. You will find a video of someone with a 55” their YouTube channel is repairalltv doing the tape off trick on the ribbon cable. This video will show you the spot to add the tape. This model is not like there’s as the tape does not go on the edge of the ribbon but about 12 pins from the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas1110 View Post
                        Search this model number on YouTube. You will find a video of someone with a 55” their YouTube channel is repairalltv doing the tape off trick on the ribbon cable. This video will show you the spot to add the tape. This model is not like there's as the tape does not go on the edge of the ribbon but about 12 pins from the edge.

Hi, i did watch those videos and i did tape method and tv fired up eventually. there are 4 boards on bottom of screen. last board to the right is one causing the problem. when i put tape and cover 1 or 2 traces i get good pictures but color is washed out on one half of the screen. if i block off more traces i get good colors but get some lines on top of the screen. i checked all components on that last 4th board and only one little capacitor was giving sound on multimeter when checked with multimeter in diode mode. i took off that little cap and still same issue. otherwise i get good picture but on one half of screen color is washed out.

Comment

Unfortunately there is nothing else you can do If the fault is In the panel.

Comment

Hey Gayric .. I know you posted this 2 months ago but my last idea was to test all the voltages on the flatcables going from the mainboard to the LCD panel edge driver boards .. it is irritating that the TV does not come with a separate Tcon board and it is integrated in the mainboard .. actually I still have the TV .. the lady decided to not bother getting it since it was a 40 minute trip

.. the service manual actually lists all the voltages on each flat cable if you look for it .. you will need a fast scope to see if the high speed signals look normal

Comment

Working...
                            X