lg tv problem.... 2 tv 2 different problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lg tv problem.... 2 tv 2 different problem

hi all, i got 2 tv for repair as they had both backlight problem.

1st tv is a lg 32ln536b and after some investigation i found some led was bad, so i replaced them, but when glue the thing in front of the led, now i have that led visible on the screen. i tried different height from led strip to that thing (dunno its name) but same problem, do i need to make them perfect centered, perfect height or what is wrong ? im thinking in buy all new led strip for around 27€ (yes they are cheap) and see if i get away of that problem, but would like to know if that lg need some care to take of to make them be like normal when u need to change just some led. i did a samsung led repair and it went perfect. changed 5 leds on that samsung and had no problem.

2nd tv is an lg 22 inch . backlight went off after a while and get off more fast if i put backlight on max, but didnt even notice that light increase or decrese at all.
    i ordered 4 ccfl brand new, and when disassembly the tv i noticed 2 of the old ccfl had black spot on the edge, so those were defective or the cause of the problem. i changed the 4 ccfp (pachage of 2 each side) and the work went really smooth as the new ccfl comes with the backplate already on them.
    i reassembled the tv (blue ccfl or pink ccfl need to be in the exact old position?) , turned on and even if backlight value was not giving the sensation of increase or decrese like before, i set it to 67% and tv looks perfect like new. totay i used it for watching news and after approx 8 min i started earing a buzz noise from it. turned of and on and buzz was already making noise.. this time i turned off waited 2 mins turned on again and no buzz this time, but after again 7-8 mins it started the noise.... i went on menu and i noticed that if i get backight over 75% ithe buzz noise go off, but why that ? ccfl making some strange contact with the plastic inside lcd or is some diode , transistor or what else making it ?
    edit: i think that the buzz noise are the ccfl touching something as i didnt use original plastic and metal they had and went strait using those who came with as more clean and more easy.

anyone encountered the same situation before ?

tnx everybody for helping for both case.

i preferred to open a single post, because both tv works and dont need big repair.
    Last edited by dellxps15; 09-04-2020, 06:33 AM.

Re: lg tv problem.... 2 tv 2 different problem

The lens needs to be perfectly centered or it will cause halos or bright spots. You can turn on the TV with the panel disconnected and replace the diffuser panels to check before final assembly. I don't do replacements if the new strips can be found. All the LEDs have wear and are likely to fail in the near future.

Comment

Re: lg tv problem.... 2 tv 2 different problem

tnx for the advice

Comment

Working...
      X