Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony LCD KDL 32S3000 standby blinks twice

Hi

We have this Sony KDL 32S3000 that came into the shop for repairs. It will come up and actually back lights will come on and then shuts down immediately with error code of 2 blinks.

Error code indicates 12 volt regulation failure. Several suspicious caps were replaced. They were mostly 10 volts and 25 volt caps that were near heat sinks that looked like they were expanding or doming. The values of these caps were still good but one did change in significant value when freezed. These replacements did not do any good other than allow for the tv to stay on a little bit longer.

I have not been able to get a service manual. I did check some voltages from the power supply board. I measured the 13 volt unregulated supply off of the power supply board and it does come up when the set is turned on and goes up to 15.6 volts and then the set shuts down.

In reading online, there is information about a Sony diagnostic procedure that will troubleshoot the fault. Does anyone happen to have either the manual and or the troubleshooting diagnostic procedure??

Also any other ideas on this set would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you all for your time in reading and any suggestions on how to improve my post..

Bill

Re: Sony LCD KDL 32S3000 standby blinks twice

Service manual.

If you have additional questions about the set, pictures would be a help.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I do not have access to a camera at the moment.. Am working on trying to get one.

The schematic is not anywhere close to this unit...

The inverter is on the left side (looking from the opened back), the power supply is next to it.

The number on the power supply board is APS 229 G1H.

The new schematic did say that the 2 blink code means that the balancer is not working... What is the balancer in this set??

Thank you for your time

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by billansor View Post
        Hi

We have this Sony KDL 32S3000 that came into the shop for repairs. It will come up and actually back lights will come on and then shuts down immediately with error code of 2 blinks.

Error code indicates 12 volt regulation failure. Several suspicious caps were replaced. They were mostly 10 volts and 25 volt caps that were near heat sinks that looked like they were expanding or doming. The values of these caps were still good but one did change in significant value when freezed. These replacements did not do any good other than allow for the tv to stay on a little bit longer.

I have not been able to get a service manual. I did check some voltages from the power supply board. I measured the 13 volt unregulated supply off of the power supply board and it does come up when the set is turned on and goes up to 15.6 volts and then the set shuts down.

In reading online, there is information about a Sony diagnostic procedure that will troubleshoot the fault. Does anyone happen to have either the manual and or the troubleshooting diagnostic procedure??

Also any other ideas on this set would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you all for your time in reading and any suggestions on how to improve my post..

Bill
        2 blinks is a GH1 board. Remote but possible BU1 board.

Comment

Thank you for your reply...

Is the issue on the GH1 or power board a component failure or cap failure??

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X