E173fpf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E173fpf

Can anyone tell me what the chip marked U1 on the board (the inverter section) is, I can't find it trying the 029rra marking on it...Thanks

Re: E173fpf

I just had that exact model monitor open unfortunately your post came too late I've already reassembled it are recapping.

If you could take a picture of the board and the IC in question I can provide more info.

Also write everything down off of the IC including all of the numbers.

I think you are referring to a through hole 4 pin IC correct? If so thats the PWM controller for the main power supply.

The PWM for the inverter is the largest SMT IC located under the board.
    Last edited by Krankshaft; 11-21-2007, 08:58 PM.
    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally the monitor wouldn't turn on i changed U805 (smt) pwm controller, that fixed the turn on problem. Now the problem is i only get a momentary flash of the ccfl's. I have a enable clock signal going to (U1) on the inverter part of the board but the output of it (U1) is just one short pulse. I'm sending a photo with the chip noted on it and the writing on it.

Comment

I forgot the pictures.
        Attached Files

Comment

What makes you think that that IC is the issue?

It sounds like a protection circuit is kicking in or another component in the inverter PWM has failed it probably failed when the PWM IC bit the dust.

Its not uncommon for multiple components to fail in the same circuit.

Also does the green light remain on after the CCFLs turn off or does the green light shut off?

Another thing to check is connect the monitor to a video source and when the CCFLs shut off turn the lights out in the room and shine a flashlight onto the LCD.

Do you see an image? If yes the primary power supply is functioning and feeding the LCD logic board that means your problem is in the inverter circuit.

If you can't see anything then the primary power supply is shutting down and the inverter isn't the culprit.

I was able to find a replacement board if you think the monitor is worth it its a good price:

http://www.lcdrepair.us/e173fpf-logic.html

If you still want to troubleshoot your current board post back.
          Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Well seems i have all the required signals needed except the output from U1. I have the signal from pin 52 of the LCD Controller going to the chip U1, but it is being driven to a high level by pin 4 of the U1. Yes i have a image on the screen..I still would like the chip number or what it is.
            Text from Genesis sent.
            Attached Files

Comment

Please i'm still waiting, can someone tell me what the component Ic (U1) is on this board

Comment

I searched for those numbers but nothing comes back.You are going to have to replace the board or look for another one of these monitors that is junk,ebay is your friend,look for one with a busted panel.

Comment

Working...
                X