Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60pk750 problems.

hello all.

i have a LG 60pk750 plasma. and it has just developed the usual works for 10-20min then turns off and the stby light is fixed on and it wont turn back on.

it has the Eay60968901 power board, and as far as i can tell, all the t.p voltages are spot on when its operating.

i have looked around and found a few sited selling repair kits, and i have tested the componants that they offer on the repair (although in-circuit, im yet to de-solder them and test them) but they all test out.

the common parts i have found that need replacing in these kits are

IC701
    R108
    R109
    R110
    R111
    R112
    R113
    R296 (i think i have the number correct - the big ceramic one in the top right corner)
    R297 (i think i have the number correct - the big ceramic one in the top right corner)
    R298 (i think i have the number correct - the big ceramic one in the top right corner)

and they all check out. i cant test the ic, as i dont know how. but could it be the issue? i will pull all the resistors and test and replace them as i can source them from my local electronics store easily enough.

any suggestions?

Jason

Re: LG 60pk750 problems.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Jason

Comment

Have you checked for dry solder joints on the power supply? I had a similar problem to yours with my 50pj350 lg plasma and it turned out to be a few dry solder joints causing the problem.

Comment

no i havent. thats alot of joints to check. was kind of wondering if it likley to be any of the componants i listed.

Jason

Comment

can anybody help? i would like to know if it is likley to be these components, so i can replace them. how can i go about testing the ic? if i get one from my local electronics store, will it be programmed the same as the one thats in there? or will it need to be specially programmed?

Jason

Comment

Ive got a 60pk550 im parting, screen no good, but all others are good, i bought extra too.

Comment

ok, so i have pulled all the resistors mentioned above, and checked them. they are all sweet. so the only thing left is the IC. is that something thats likley to fail? what else can i look for?

and thanks @Redjess, but im located in aus. so i think that postage would be a killer.

but we will see how we go.

Jason

Comment

is anyone able to provide any insight? do i need to supply more info? am i missing something ?

Comment

resolder any components that are attached too heat sink as these seem to go dry jointed etc over time. even if they look good just add some fresh solder for peace of mind and retest the tv.

Comment

Hello everyone one. I have the same model and I was watching tv and all the sudden my image went out and it sounded like demons were speaking out of my tv. The tv turns on and off but I can get any image. Can someone help me?

Comment

You said you can turn the TV on and off. What exactly does that mean? Do you mean then have audio but no picture? You are able to manipulate the Menu to change the inputs? OR are you just hearing a 'click' when the power button is pressed and then another 'click' a while after?

Did you accidentally double post on another thread? Why not open your own thread to make it easier?

Comment

Working...
                      X