Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Standby regulator Switch on a VCR P.S project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standby regulator Switch on a VCR P.S project?

Hi guys;Maybe this Idea for my old Sony VCR stand by switch maybe a crazy idea and maybe not executable,but i like crazy ideas, who knows if some one of you are experts and can tell that it can be done or not; here goes my idea; i have an old Sony VCR for the tuner from my coaxial RF distribution cable and i'm using it with my small 8'' lcd Phillips monitor in the bathroom and have the VCR hidden inside the vanity and all connected to a power outlet with a switch,when i turn the switch on it turns on monitor and VCR but the VCR goes right back to Standby so every time i have to access the Vanity inside where the VCR is and push the power button.
    My question?, is it possible to make an adoption in the VCR power supply and replace the standby switch regulator for one that switches on VCR without going through the Stand by regulator mode switch ?i can mess with this one because i have a few more of these SLV700 models.thanks
    Last edited by ivtec; 12-05-2017, 11:10 AM.

Re: Standby regulator Switch on a VCR P.S project?

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
    Hi guys;Maybe this Idea for my old Sony VCR stand by switch maybe a crazy idea and maybe not executable,but i like crazy ideas, who knows if some one of you are experts and can tell that it can be done or not; here goes my idea; i have an old Sony VCR for the tuner from my coaxial RF distribution cable and i'm using it with my small 8'' lcd Phillips monitor in the bathroom and have the VCR hidden inside the vanity and all connected to a power outlet with a switch,when i turn the switch on it turns on monitor and VCR but the VCR goes right back to Standby so every time i have to access the Vanity inside where the VCR is and push the power button.
    My question?, is it possible to make an adoption in the VCR power supply and replace the standby switch regulator for one that switches on VCR without going through the Stand by regulator mode switch ?i can mess with this one because i have a few more of these SLV700 models.thanks
    Could this power switch be adapted to my vcr sony power supply?

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...80cc3bac4c.pdf

Comment

I don't think simply turning on the power supply will work, the microprocessor still needs to see the momentary power on command.

Comment

I had to do something similar for an ATX motherboard that did not support turning on after power outage. I hacked up a 555 circuit that generated pulses "pressing" the power button that kept going until power was turned on. However this sort of depends on characteristics of the ATX system and can't be directly applied to a VCR.

After solving a VCR power on problem, a slightly different circuit is needed to power it on upon power restore. I think it will require a small relay so it will work regardless of what VCR you have...
        Last edited by eccerr0r; 12-05-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
          I had to do something similar for an ATX motherboard that did not support turning on after power outage. I hacked up a 555 circuit that generated pulses "pressing" the power button that kept going until power was turned on. However this sort of depends on characteristics of the ATX system and can't be directly applied to a VCR.

After solving a VCR power on problem, a slightly different circuit is needed to power it on upon power restore. I think it will require a small relay so it will work regardless of what VCR you have...
          Thanks eccerr0r; can you elaborate on small relay so it will work regardless of what VCR you have...thanks

Comment

Well, if you have the relay in parallel with the actual power switch, that's all that's needed. Just need to design in the "button pusher". I'd imagine a 555 that has a 10% duty cycle, 2 second repeat rate, and shuts off when power is on... then that should do it.

Comment

I think the toughest part is finding a signal on the VCR that indicates it's on... (and a power source that you can tap off of). Past these to things, it shouldn't be too hard...

Comment

You will need the Sony schematic. It is possible that you can identify the wakeup line from the system control micro to the supply. If that line is hard wired to be active, the supply should stay on after the power up cycle. Another easy way to approach it would be to maintain VCR power and set a daily timer recording schedule that wakes up the VCR a few minutes before you need it. Stick an old tape in the machine and program it to use EP speed; rewind the tape once a week. Why over-tech it?
                Is it plugged in?

Comment

Originally posted by Longbow View Post
                  You will need the Sony schematic. It is possible that you can identify the wakeup line from the system control micro to the supply. If that line is hard wired to be active, the supply should stay on after the power up cycle. Another easy way to approach it would be to maintain VCR power and set a daily timer recording schedule that wakes up the VCR a few minutes before you need it. Stick an old tape in the machine and program it to use EP speed; rewind the tape once a week. Why over-tech it?
                  Thanks longbow; your scheme seems to be appealing but i don't have enough skill to try it and the recording timer also seems to a hassle,but i found an easier way, i went again through my scrap parts and found an extra IR Pyramid transmitter i put in front of the VCR IR eye inside the Vanity and i have an IR pyramid receiver in every room including in the bath room to be able to change channels from OTA receiver everywhere in the house for my old coaxial RF tvs, i have also a vcr sony remote,so this is the easier way ,thanks anyway for your expertise skills .
                  Last edited by ivtec; 12-06-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X