GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5970 dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5970 dead?

hello, II have problem with my radeon, when I turn on my pc,graphic card fan start on 100% speed and 2 red led diodes on card,no signal on monitor.

how to repair this? I have 1000w corsair PS.

Re: GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5970 dead?

this gpu is likely overheating .. i have too with the same symptom
    maybe need reflow or reballing .. or maybe it just dead
    try add a fan directly blowing to back of gpu

Comment

Are you the original owner of this card and have you had it working before you got it? If yes, then try new thermal compound. If problem persists, it's probably time to reflow or reball the GPU (at which point, it may not be worth it if you don't have the tools and equipment... so just sell on eBay or locally as "for parts or repair").

Comment

yes I have Scotle 858D+ rework station,I will try to reball.

Comment

Try the new thermal compound first. If that doesn't work, then do the reflow/reball.

However, I should mention that the 858D+ probably would make this very difficult to do, since it can't really provide enough heat flow to remove the chip. At the very least, you will need some kind of bottom heater (electric stove top works with a bit setting-up). And even then, there's a high chance you will damage or pop-corn the chip with the top heat from the 858D+. But if nothing else, give it a try and let us know how it all goes. The card is alreade not working, so not much to loose. Though if you do want to make some money off of it, sell it on eBay "for parts or repair". Should get a reasonable pocket change for it.

Comment

hello,I have strange problem with this card,

I change new thermal compound,when I put board on cooler board it power on and green diode light.

when I start puting spings on bga chips then green light turn off,after restart again 2 red diode lights. is coolerboard shorting something?

Comment

Working...
            X