Old 01-25-2018, 12:41 AM   #1
japlytic
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
My Country: Australia
Line Voltage: 240VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist
Smile Netflix VR dropping back to Who's Watching

I had problems where Netflix VR randomly drops back to the "Who's Watching?" screen without an error message, and I happened to catch a network error message when I tried to sign in at one time, which meant it was not related to overheating but a problem with the network.
The network problem was traced to roaming between two associated wireless networks during streaming resulting in a dropout when transitioning between wireless networks, so I removed an associated wireless network from my device and the problem was fixed.

Still wondering why Netflix VR does not give an error message when the network drops out...
Old 01-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #2
RJARRRPCGP
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: North Springfield, Vermont
My Country: USA
Line Voltage: 123-127V 61.5-63.5 Hz
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Netflix VR dropping back to Who's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by japlytic View Post
I had problems where Netflix VR randomly drops back to the "Who's Watching?" screen without an error message, and I happened to catch a network error message when I tried to sign in at one time, which meant it was not related to overheating but a problem with the network.
The network problem was traced to roaming between two associated wireless networks during streaming resulting in a dropout when transitioning between wireless networks, so I removed an associated wireless network from my device and the problem was fixed.

Still wondering why Netflix VR does not give an error message when the network drops out...
IIRC, LOL, reminds me of some PC programs that use the loopback network interface for one portion to talk to another (literally 127.0.0.1, IIRC) and if there's a problem connecting to 127.0.0.1, IIRC, it will just keep bouncing back to the loading screen, IIRC.

Racer (racer.nl) is one of those, IIRC.

Core i7 Extreme "Bloomfield" 965

PNY GeForce GTX 960

Windows 7 SP1

SoundBlaster ZXR

Corsair TX850M PSU

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Don't eat yellow snow!" -Salem

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747
RJARRRPCGP is offline   Reply With Quote