samsumg plasma PS43D450 PSU ISSUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsumg plasma PS43D450 PSU ISSUE

Hello, I am having problem with this Samsung ps43d450 plasma, the problem is that the relay when on load keeps clicking off and on, at the time the vs voltage will go off and on. I have even tried to use a 200watts bulb as a load. I need help please

Re: samsumg plasma PS43D450 PSU ISSUE

Unplug the x-main from the psu and see if the clicking stops. I think you have some shorted out ibgts on the bottom side of the x-main.

Comment

I mean, I did self test on psu by using a 200 watts bulb, the bulb can not stay on, is off and on the vs voltage comes and goes back. At least the psu should produce all voltage during self test.

Comment

How much voltage do you get on the Vs line? Just saying it goes off and on does'nt help much. What is the BN44-00xxx number ?
        What is the voltage across the main filter cap, in standby and when you force the power supply ON (does the voltage increase when ON?)
        Last edited by R_J; 03-06-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I've never had a power supply go bad in one of these sets, always the x-main.

Comment

l tried to run a self test on the power supply by connecting PS_ON TO GND, STNBY TO VS_ON as to get all voltage from the psu, but vs comes and goes back, like the owner said before it went bad that he was hearing some spark inside the tv, so when i opend the tv , i noticed a spark on the leg of a cap c5093 in the y main board , after i changed the cap, i noticed the relay clicking

Comment

the point i am making is that this power supply is ok without a load on the vs va output , but when on load it drop

Comment

Exactly, there is a short somewhere else. Did you check the buffer board? Maybe something else on the y main is bad.

Comment

Working...
                X