Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smd led types

Good day all,
    I did some research on this topic but i cannot get suitable information. Is there a comprehensive web site that has information on SMD LED datasheets.
    For example, i have backlight failure on a tv and order the exact same edgelit strip then when i put them in the set and start up the power supply shuts them down immediately. If i fix the old strips then it works fine. If i use a LED tester then if i power a segment (4 x 12) the tester voltage settles down on 40.4V (original) and the replacement strip (44.4V). So that should mean that their forward currents differ. I guess its impossible to know what LEDS the supplier of the back lights used. Communication with chinese suppliers is non existent on aliexpress.

Re: Smd led types

LEDs are either 3v or 6v. I compare their look under a microscope and the light they give off with a spectrometer. There are data sheets for smd LEDs but with no way of identifying what LED is on what strip they seem pretty pointless IMO.

Comment

So why are the chinese replacement leds causing the power supply to trip whereas the original is not doing that? Also when i connect my LED tester there is a difference between the two strips. The tester drive voltage is slightly different between the original and replacement.

Comment

Unless it's one of the latest LED testers that outputs 300mA it is just a quick test tool carrying out a part test. LEDs need the correct voltage and current if you want to test fully.
        With your replacements, perhaps you are fitting the wrong voltage LEDs ? Maybe detail your strip and the replacements so it can be figured out, it's hard to say without knowing the details.

I use the LED tester for a quick test then use my bench power to test properly.

Comment

Working...
        X