• Show
Clear All

Re: Please Help Apple macbook pro A1708 EMC 3164 efi Lock

Originally posted by candra94 View Post
    Still same not working macbook blank ☹️
    Then I don't think you have a firmware issue

Comment

Hello. I have the same with a MacBook Pro A1708 EMC 3164.

Can anyone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by The-Ypsilon View Post
        Hello. I have the same with a MacBook Pro A1708 EMC 3164.

Can anyone help me?
        post the original laptop bios
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Looking for help bypassing bios lox on MacBook Pro. A1708 SN: FVFVG17NHv22

Comment

Originally posted by Spmac View Post
            Looking for help bypassing bios lox on MacBook Pro. A1708 SN: FVFVG17NHv22
            Upload your dump.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
              Upload your dump.
              Not sure how to . As soon as it powers on it comes up to the Lock Screen.

Comment

Upload your dump.
                Didn't realize I needed a programmer . Thanks .

Comment

hi friend
                  I have efi locked MacBook pro a1708 emc 3164
                  please help to unlock it
                  am attaching the original bios pls
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by noktabiz View Post
                    hi friend
                    I have efi locked MacBook pro a1708 emc 3164
                    please help to unlock it
                    am attaching the original bios pls
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                    all donations are welcome,
                    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                    >>>>>
                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please consider donation in support of the forum.
                    Unlocked:
                    Attached Files

Comment

I would like to take the opportunity to invite again all members to consider a donation.
                      All members should be aware that there is a real possibility this section of the forum to be closed because the volume of uploaded files is increasing every day, the number of members in it also, but only a few people donate.
                      Every day we delete files from the old threads in an attempt to save the situation, but this will not solve the matter. I urge everyone to be more active, everyone can afford a small donation, let more people get involved, only this will save us from the possibility of running out of space to store data on the server!

Comment

hello friends, sorry to resurrect an old post, but I have a macbook a1708 locked in the efi too, I would like to know if I can extract the necessary file with a ch431a recorder?
                        sorry for my bad english, I'm using google translator

Comment

Originally posted by Japacell View Post
                          hello friends, sorry to resurrect an old post, but I have a macbook a1708 locked in the efi too, I would like to know if I can extract the necessary file with a ch431a recorder?
                          sorry for my bad english, I'm using google translator
                          Please read the rules before posting:

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

Comment

BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

Hello Vesko356, I read all the warnings and also read about the ch341a, I saw that you have to lower the voltage to 3v, but the question I need to know is.
                            I'm going to remove the chip from the board and solder it to the ch341 adapter, by doing this I save the file and send it here to unlock it? should i lower the voltage to 3v or can i use 5v? I did not find anywhere on the internet anyone doing the unlocking with this programmer.
                            I'm a little lost, if you can help me!

Comment

Hello Vesko356, I read all the warnings and also read about the ch341a, I saw that you have to lower the voltage to 3v, but the question I need to know is.
                              I'm going to remove the chip from the board and solder it to the ch341 adapter, by doing this I save the file and send it here to unlock it?
                              Yes.
                              The answers to all your questions are given in the topics I mentioned above.

should i lower the voltage to 3v or can i use 5v? I did not find anywhere on the internet anyone doing the unlocking with this programmer.
                              I'm a little lost, if you can help me!
                              Once again the answers to all your questions are given in the topics I mentioned above.

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                              Likewise, if you want to modify the BIOS to remove a password, it must be done with an external programmer.

When flashing a BIOS always make a backup first. Take 2 or 3 different dumps and make sure they are identical.
                              On Windows, you can use the command "fc /b" to check if two dumps are identical.
                              Make sure that the dumps looks good, i.e. not filled with 0x00 or 0xFF. After compression, if the file has a size of only a few kilobytes, the EEPROM was most likely not read properly.

Additionally, please read the FAQ at:
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98665

1.1.1.6. CH341A
                              Supports I2C (24-series), SPI (25-series).

This programmer is not recommended but it is the cheapest programmer available.
                              It has several shortcomings:
                              • Limited interfaces support, only SPI and I2C
                              • Several different software with varying level of reliability and ROM IC support (especially troublesome with 128Mb and larger ICs)
                              • Several different hardware design, some of them having design defects
                              • No proper detection of communication issue with the ROM IC

Available software include: NeoProgrammer, Colibri, AsProgrammer, Flashrom…
                              Read the guide there: https://www.win-raid.com/t4175f16-GU...rogrammer.html

If you have a black PCB, it is very likely that it needs to be modified for 3V operation instead of 5V. Failing to do so could damage the ROM IC.

Watch the instructions there:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ln3VIZKKaE
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnzzF645hA
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 05:27 AM. Reason: edited winraid link

Comment

Hello friends, good morning, I recently acquired an ezp2013 programmer, I removed the MXIC chip and put it to run, the programmer program recognizes the type, brand and name of the chip, but when reading it, it only comes out as ff without any code, I did something wrong? because he recognizes that the chip is there but does not read the files inside.
                                follow an image https://*******/RNdsx7h
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Vesko356; 07-05-2023, 07:30 AM. Reason: External url removed. Image attached to the post.

Comment

Hi guys need to unlock this macbook a1708 DUMP
                                  PLEASEE
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by elbtonet; 09-30-2023, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elbtonet View Post
                                    Hi guys need to unlock this macbook a1708 DUMP
                                    PLEASEE

Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 )

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

HELLO , CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE
                                      I ERASED THE CHIP BY MISTAKE
                                      MODEL: a1708 ,serial number :FVFX98H5HV2D ,BOARD NUMBER : 820-00840-A

THANK YOU

Comment

Originally posted by iori1881 View Post
                                        HELLO , CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE
                                        I ERASED THE CHIP BY MISTAKE
                                        MODEL: a1708 ,serial number :FVFX98H5HV2D ,BOARD NUMBER : 820-00840-A

THANK YOU
                                        Post #14 has clean ME firmware, just need to add your serial to that bios and change the fsys checksum.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...43&postcount=5
                                        4.3. Apple

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by smdflea View Post
                                          post #14 has clean me firmware, just need to add your serial to that bios and change the fsys checksum.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...43&postcount=5
                                          4.3. Apple

sorry but i didn't understand ... I said i erased bis chip by mistake

Comment

Working...
                                          X