motherboard damaged near gpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motherboard damaged near gpu

i have asus board that somebody damaged really hard with srewdriver near the gtx g960m gpu (the motherboard has two gpu cards)...Some lines/nets on the motherboard were cut very deep and long and some just on surface...For three longer cuts i made wire jumpers and solder everything...but for several others shorter cuts that (maybe only half milimeter) i applied solder only to fill the gap (i used no wire)...Now the board starts i get the picture..but whenever i tried to change to 960m gtx it starts very slowly..sometimes even black screen...
    So i am wondering is there a difference between a wire jumper and a solder only jumper for a smaller gaps between two lines on board? or there is something else i missed while trying to solder everything back?

Re: motherboard damaged near gpu

Photos would be useful. Solder vs wire wouldn't be a problem, bridged traces is more likely.

There may be damage to internal layers though, if the scratches are deep enough
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
    X