Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m-audio audiophile 192

m-audio audiophile 192.

who put so many g-luxon on my new card.......gonna have to mod that.

sounds pretty damn good though, exactly the detailed sound i was looking for. lol thought i was upsampling to 192khz, i though shit this upsampling thing really works no it was set to 44.1
    Attached Files
    Last edited by willawake; 06-19-2005, 01:17 PM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: new audio card

whats the big black connector for??? a breakout box of sorts?????
    "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
    AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

Re: new audio card

yeh ugly breakout cable.

Comment

Re: m-audio audiophile 192

in the end i am more pleased with it than the m-audio 2496 which is also an excellent and cheaper card but i find the 2496 highs particularly on hihats to be mildly offensive.

you can keep your soundblasters and bloatware.

RME are also supposed to be excellent but better to get a 2496 cheap and output via spdif to a decent DAC. 2496 has a very nice spdif signal.
        Last edited by willawake; 12-17-2005, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I still have SB AWE-64 Value And CMI-8329A based card (manufacturer unknown) in the other machine - this one has hardware MIDI wavetable (Dream) so MIDI sounds really good (much better than AWE64 )

Comment

I still have SB AWE-64 Value

one of my friends got a track on an amateur techno album made with awe64 and fasttracker

you can find cheap cards with same chip as m-audio : via envy. it is an awesome chip especially if card has AKM converters.

Comment

Luxons and Capxons sound pretty good for audio applications - you can leave those caps in until they fail (may not happen - this is a low ripple-current environment). At that time you can consider putting in Elna.

(I have a 12-year old Aztec Sound Galaxy filled with Elna caps that still sounds great).

On an unrelated note, I just recapped a few ISA 2-channel sound cards where the decoupling caps around the IC power amp looked iffy. Why bother? Because the Class-AB integrated amps on those cards sound *much better* than the Class-D crap on some of the newer cards. I use these on dedicated PI/PII MP3 systems.

Comment

BTW, do these cards have external DAC chips or are they integrated on the main DSP chip itself?

Comment

here is the ugly breakout cable - does balanced as well.

yeh it has AKM DACs you can see in the big pic in the attachments
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X