Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is NEC E552 a monitor or TV? IR reciever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is NEC E552 a monitor or TV? IR reciever?

I'm about to dive into the troubleshooting guides and think the E552 is a TV, but i am not sure. It's a Display Screen.

Got it for $100 I put a new/used main board in it. Speakers weren't working, but headphones were.

Rebooted it and the inputs are locked.

Got a universal remote to try to enter 0000 in parental controls, but the brand new universal remote cant find the code. Tried entering them all in manually.

Thinking it may be the IR reciever... is This tv IR? i heard some remotes are RF?

Thanks for your time!

Re: Is NEC E552 a monitor or TV? IR reciever?

Looks like it's both, a display screen with built in tuners: https://www.necdisplay.com/p/e552

Comment

can you not search for the code ?

Comment

Some remotes won't work with some tvs, do you have another universal you can try with it?

Comment

i have tried it with a verizon remote and a GE universal remote from amazon. both with new batteries.

took a video of the remotes having buttons pushed, to see if the IR LED was coming on. they were.

tried searching for the code with the setup functions

Comment

Can you get access using your PC/laptop via RS232
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

ok. i'll try the RS232

I have been guessing that input would be blocked aswell.

does the TV support a USB Keyboard?
              Last edited by Mattmoosh2000; 10-24-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

It is Locked. It seems all of the inputs are locked. It has a password sign that flashes when ever i try to do anything

There is a USB input that supports Mp3 and such. It has a more automated interface, but the buttons on the TV don't control it.
                Last edited by Mattmoosh2000; 10-24-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

To un-lock the OSD press and hold the MENU button while the monitor is off and then press power button to turn the monitor on.

Comment

What is OSD?

I tried that, nothing... just "password"and a yellow bar, and "input locked!" jumping around a blue screen.

Comment

is there a firmware update i wonder .

Comment

OSD is on screen display, it looks like you either need that password or a way around or way to reset the password, thinking there must be a way to do it, for just such cases like this where it's not available or forgotten/lost.

Comment

this might help .
                          https://factory-reset.com/wiki/NEC_Service_Menu

Comment

Did you try contacting NEC? seems like they should have a solution if it's just password locked out.

Comment

the default password for locked paternal or channel are 0000
                              you can use USB keyboard ps2 or air mouse keyboards too

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                                there is a button, that i dont have, required for each choice.

Going to contact NEC tomorrow

Plugged in a keyboard, but it doesnt let me enter 0000. going to calll.

Comment

I should have known they would be closed on a Saturday.

No one thinks it is the IR receiver off the bat?

Maybe these universal remotes aren't compatible?

Is there a particular Remote that i should try?

There is a special user interface with the USB function, i believe one can use a keyboard and mouse in that function, but not for tv functions?

Comment

You tried using the button board on the tv to control it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattmoosh2000 View Post
                                      Maybe these universal remotes aren't compatible?
                                      Is there a particular Remote that i should try?
                                      Any android mobile / tablet with bulit in IR sender.. by use smart remote APK
                                      it had very rich collection code package for NEC

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                        You tried using the button board on the tv to control it?
                                        I have tried all the combinations of input, menu, volume and channel up and down. Cant get into the password bar and enter numbers.

my brother has an android tablet. ill get my hands on one.

Comment

Working...
                                        X