Panasonic tcp50gt30 7 blinks, help with SU/SD test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic tcp50gt30 7 blinks, help with SU/SD test

To start off I just picked up the tv about two weeks ago. It has a cracked screen which I just got a screen yesterday for $60, (without boards) It does have the 7 blinks of death which I thought was going to be the SC board. I was going to purchase the repair kit but Before I did I wanted to test it first.

So I tested the SC board and found NO shorts. I did look on here for testing the SU and SD buffer boards. I removed the 4 screws holding the SU/SD to the SC board, I removed the 3 connections from the SC board.

The TV does power on NO blinking red lights, The green LEDs on the boards light up and the fans come on. But I hear a pretty loud buzzing noise from the SC board. Which I think is going to be normal. Cause the SU/SD boards are disconnected.

I'm trying to figure out which board is bad! Im not sure But I think I both the SD/SU boards are bad. I tried to test them separate but I think Im doing it wrong.
    Whats the best way to test the SU/SD?

Thanks Eric

Re: Panasonic tcp50gt30 7 blinks, help with SU/SD test

please upload photos of the chassis with the back cover over and also separate photo of the SC, SU/SD BOARD. remember good clear pictures are needed.
    ERIC

Comment

Here are some pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

usually if somebody powered up the TV with a cracked screen 9 times outta 10 I have seen buffer boards short so expect to see a shorted buffer board upper or lower or both
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

How are the buffers tested? Many people have asked where to find VF-Gnd?
          This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
          Help keep these from the landfills

Comment

Originally posted by electronicsurplus View Post
            How are the buffers tested? Many people have asked where to find VF-Gnd?
            VF-gnd is usually labelled vfg or tpvfg. Find the applicable manual in pdf and use the find function with key word vfg. If you can read schematics and block diagrams I reckon you'll work it out.

better still look at the buffer and you can see how they mount to the Sc board. Vfg is floating ground not chassis ground.

As for testing, quick test would be vfg to the outputs in continuity, should not show short.

For resistance testing, you'd have to find the applicable training guide of that series but not all guides have that info
            VF5V, VFO & VSCN_F are usually the ones to resistance check but I found if the buffer is shorted VFO is always short to vfg

Comment

I test using ground point on connector to ribbon cable, with meter set to diode mode, using +(Red) on ground point on connector and -(Black) lead testing each pin on connector going to ribbon cable, for continuity making certain that each are more than 700 Ohms. There are no shorts. Does the test mentioned test different parts of the buffer or the same?
              This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
              Help keep these from the landfills

Comment

Working...
              X