Stubborn Dell SX280

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stubborn Dell SX280

Hi guys, I have an SX280 that is giving me some trouble. I've repaired these before with great success and know they are a troublemaker, but the one i have now i just can't figure out. When the board came in, it had a few bulging caps - the usual suspects 2200s etc. Those were replaced with no problems. But now when I turn it on, the power light clicks between green and amber off and on and the computer will keep restarting. The weird thing is that eventually after it reboots a few times, it will turn on for good and will run perfect after that. I can reboot it numerous times and it still works, but if i unplug the power and let the board drain then it starts doing its clicking thing again on boot.

Any ideas on what could be the culprit? Time is kind of tight so I would rather not replace them all if I can avoid it - just looking for a place to start. Thanks.

Re: Stubborn Dell SX280

The small caps can dry out too in hot boxes.
    Especially if they are the 85c variety.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Re: Stubborn Dell SX280

yeah, complete the recap... partial recapping in a hot-box like that is never a good idea.
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
      X