Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crackling and fart noise coming from speakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crackling and fart noise coming from speakers!

long time guys, remember few months ago the speaker set I fixed up with your help, the one that had the big bad cap in the power brick?(https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16013)

Well they have been working fine until today, it has started to make these low crackle and fart noises coming from the speakers. first it was the rear speakers but now I notice its all of them. I switched them around but didnt help. I think its the decoder / amp, because I removed the speaker front and rear inputs and it still makes that crackle and small fart noises! Sometimes there is also a small buzz / loud boop noise I hear around every 30mins or so. the kind of noise you hear after first turning the unit on.

what should I do?

Last edited by newtoCaps101; 02-04-2012, 08:58 AM.

Re: crackling and fart noise coming from speakers!

Is your cell phone sitting near the speakers when this happens?

Comment

No, my cell phone and stuff is in the other room and usually sits turned off unless I am going out!

So I opened up the AMP / Decoder last night and kept it turned on and it hasn't made any crackle and fart sounds? the whole thing is plastic with no shielding so if anything there should be more crackle. I dont get it
      Last edited by newtoCaps101; 02-04-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I applied some fresh solider and re-soldered most of the pcb joints before putting this thing together, it was running and playing music great up to 30% ~ 50% volume levels for hours, a brief while ago I cranked up the volume to say approx 60% - 80% blasting some rock and roll for a few mins(just to test things out) and the crackling sound is back!

I have noticed that it gets higher as I increase the volume.
        I need some help with this guys, need it real bad.

Comment

Check the power supply decoupling caps.

Comment

Check all the smaller caps too for that matter. You might even be able to identify the bad one by spraying it with freeze spray.

Comment

I have checked all the caps in the amp and the everything looked fine. I did change a cap few months ago in the brick power supply. I will look into it again and get back to you guys.

The power brick is 15V 3A so I am guessing thats around 45W. So maybe replace it with a laptop power supply? I found some with the same 15 volts and 3 amps.

where is the unique one, he and a couple other guys helped me a lot last time, basically walked me through it

Comment

Please guys I need some help

Comment

Are you in the states? I have a DTT2500 that lost its digital inputs. The amp part of the control box works fine. Do you think you'd be interested in sending me the input board from your control box (for $$ of course)? Or would you like my box and power adapter?

-Tom

Comment

Turn it off and spray the volume pot on the amp with contact cleaner and turn it back and forwards about 20 times.Do this twice and it should come right in fact do all your potentiometers at the same time.The mineral oil will collect dust and crap and only work for a while.So flush it all out.
                    Last edited by redrooster; 05-26-2012, 05:27 AM.
                    HP P6-2203a desktop,AMD CPU A8-5500 with Radeon HD7560D,3.20Ghz. Radeon HD 6670.8Gb Ram.2TB HDD. WIN 10 64 bit O/S.

Comment

Originally posted by newtoCaps101 View Post
                      I have noticed that it gets higher as I increase the volume.
                      I need some help with this guys, need it real bad.
                      Sounds like crossover distortion. Maybe a bad cap near one of the amp chips.
                      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
                      X