Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to trick Apple Macbook Pro to work with aftermarket charger :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to trick Apple Macbook Pro to work with aftermarket charger :-)

Hello.
    Again need to trick some laptop to work with aftermarket charger. Now it is apple. I have apple charger, but it is broken, so how to trick aftermarket charger to work with original apple cable?
    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 02-28-2019, 06:08 AM.

Re: How to trick Apple Macbook Pro to work with aftermarket charger :-)

have a look at these cables . https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-Adapte...p/323508977614
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i have cable from original charger, but now i see that it is shorting in end.

U have confirmed that with good "original" cable , macbooks working with PSU ?

Comment

I can`t confirm it, i don`t repair many macbooks,when i do i use original and aftermarket chargers not DC supply. I think @piernov can give you better info .
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-28-2019, 07:06 AM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Yes you only need the cable and connect + and - of PSU set to 18.5V. The identification chip is inside the tip of the cable.
          Use a cable that come from a 85W Magsafe, it'll be compatible with all the Macbooks.
          Also there are Magsafe 1 and Magsafe 2 cables. Basically Magsafe 2 is for Macbook Pro Retina and Air after 2012, and Magsafe 1 is for the older machines.
          Use a Magsafe 2 when appropriate, the Magsafe1 to 2 adapater (or forcing the connector onto the pins) won't work properly with 2015 machines.

If you try to buy a "new" cable on eBay/Aliexpress, be aware that you don't know what you get. Most are 60W cables. Sometimes, you randomly get a 45W or 85W.
          I bought 2 Magsafe1 and 1 Magsafe2 60W cables, and one of the Magsafe1 was actually 85W (obviously the one I soldered onto a 60W adapter thinking it was 60W as well).
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

do u think this will be good?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-...AbTest=ae803_3

Comment

i was thinking that it would be worse, but it was not so bad
              Attached Files

Comment

resoldered, glued with transparent hot glue, cut to nice shape and worked like a charm

Comment

Working...
                X