Sometimes They Come Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sometimes They Come Back

The caps in between the PCI slots are a bit tall. Will they protrude any cards that will go into those slots?
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Party Pooper!
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Hi stevo1210

you are right, I have used 1000uF 10V instead of 6.3V for all replacement, and they are higher than original caps.
        There were five 1000ยต 10V caps, one was under PCI modem.
        I had no problem to rebuild the PC with Modem in the original PCI Slot, the cap doesn't touch it and has enough clearance.

AFAIK the owner will not add anything and in anycase there are still 3 empty PCI slots, so I think there will be not problem to add new hardware.

It is not possible to use the PCI slot close to AGP slot due to the graphic card's heatsink and caps.

Ciao
        Gianni
        Last edited by Gianni; 06-12-2009, 08:17 AM. Reason: Typo
        "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
        H. J. Brown

Comment

nice job. shiny look

but why didn't u remove those freaking hot dummy resistor on that secondary side of the Deer PSU? they are radiating the heat to the component near side (caps, coil, etc). once the PSU used in a real system (pc), those resistor are useless anyway (or so in my opinion)..
          days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

ups, sorry, this is wrong post, should be on another thread, pls ignore
            Last edited by yanz; 06-12-2009, 05:54 PM.
            days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Hello yanz

maybe you are right maybe not.

I don't know what happens on the MOBO at start up or when it is working so I think it is better to leave the dummy resistor where they are.
              From my experience I have seen that a minimum load it is necessary to keep the PSU ( in general all PSU) running and avoid overvoltage/undervoltage or voltage modulation.
              In this PSU I have not seen signs of burning around the dummy resistor so I think they are not running very hot.

Ciao
              Gianni
              "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
              H. J. Brown

Comment

Working...
              X