LG 42LN5700 stuck on lg logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LN5700 stuck on lg logo

Found this TV on the curb. It's in beautiful shape but can't figure out it's issue.

I read somewhere that baking the main board at 385deg for 10 min fixes the issue I'm having.
    But it did not fix the issue. I called LG and they're no help at all.

I've tried baking the main board for 10 min at 385deg
    I've tried unplugging the TV for 5 min
    I've tried unplugging the TV and holding the power button while it's unplugged to drain caps

I looked inside no visiable blown caps and all fuses are testing good.

Anyone have a clue on what it could be? There's only 4 boards in the TV two big and two little.

The power board looks fine. Main board looks fine and the WiFi card looks good, and there's the Yvonne board I think it's called . All looks fine.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd post pictures but I think a video would benefit more so I'm going to take one now and post it .

Thanks for the help. I seen lots of fixed tv's come from this forum. I hope mine is one of them

LG 42LN5700 stuck on startup: http://youtu.be/B68lKvjaCa4

Here you go guys.
    Last edited by tvnewbie2; 04-03-2015, 07:30 PM.

Re: LG 42LN5700 stuck on lg logo

I found a main board for $60 on eBay I'm thinking of ordering. If I do do you think it may solve the issue?

Comment

Most likely, it's the main board. It's the most common issue when TVs appear to be stuck on some screen or freeze/lock up. One trick I've found sometimes helps is to gently heat up the flash memory chip - this part gets corrupted, causing the fault - heating it up seems to temporarily allow the data to be extracted correctly, enough for the TV to boot up.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

What does this chip look like for my tv? I ended up hunting Around and im buying a main board for $35 shipped. Hopefully it works. But id like to try and see if i can fix this at home first.

Its one of those i want to do it just to see if it works type thing.

Comment

So come to find out i wont the main board for $30 with $9.50 shipping. So $39.50 for a $120.00 boardi hope it works!

Comment

Did it work?

Comment

I have repaired many of these tv's and yes it is the main board.

Comment

Does this look like a main board issue on this same model LG?
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes. Do you see trhis same image every time you power up the tv? What happens when you change inputs or press the menu button? Any movement of the purple bars?
                  Last edited by freakaftr8; 01-21-2018, 06:26 PM.
                  Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Don't have the TV yet this is a pic I was sent by customer.. I'll update when I get it, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X