X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey guys!

New to the forum. Got a Plasma TV issue, will post in the appropriate place. Hope someone can help me out and it's not a PDP issue.

Cheers!

Guyton

Comment

Thank you and Hello to the Badcaps Community!

Comment

Hi to all!

Comment

Hi All

I'm fairly new to TV repair, I'm a medical engineer by trade, X-Ray equipment and the like.

Interesting to see bad caps on PSUs are common in all industries!

Cheers
          Barry

Comment

Hello. My name is Curtis. I own and operate an appliance repair company in south central PA.

Comment

hello to everyone
              Very interesting site .I'm new but i'm willing to learn from you all

Comment

Hello.
                My name is Borjan. I own service repair mobile phones and laptop in BiH !!

Comment

Hi, my name is TJ and I do some electronics repair just for fun. I dont make the living out of this. Mostly I repaire my home electronics when someting breaks. Wright now I have problem wtth my Sceptre x32 LCD tv, which I bought from Walmart.

Comment

Hello,
                    My name is Scott. My background is coin-op repair of arcade games with CRT monitors and pinball. I will work on anything and trying to learn about flat panels. This forum looks like it has a lot of great info.

Comment

Hello all, My name is Ivan, I live in Portland, Oregon. I have an associates degree in electronics but I don't do much in that line of work. The little I do with electronics is mostly for fun. I am currently trying to fix my daughter's 47" Philips T.V. I just replaced all the caps on the power supply and the T.V. still will not power up. any ideas where else to look?

Comment

Intro? Really cold here today, 1pm and it must be 70 degrees, anyway it's cold for this part of the world.

I profess to being a fixer and a maker, mechanical engineer, thinkerer at: carpentry, plumbing, welding, auto repair, electrical circuits, electronics, computers, golf, tennis, surfing, sprinting, cooking, tools, appliances, painting, fishing and whatever. Been around a long time, so had plenty of time do a lot of stuff. Retired a couple of years ago. Just finished remodel of gate opener, and very old kitchen, so decided to take a break and do some electronics repair, failed on an old home theatre, an now working on a Sony TV. Will post a question soon.

Comment

This must be the place to start sooooo,

Ever since I was a kid I wanted to know how things work. I would tear down my toys to grasp the basic concept of their operation and reassemble them while they were still fairly new. I have worked carpentry, auto mechanics and bodyman, and spent most of my adult life in a factory unfortunately.

I have played with electronics for some time. Now I own my own computer, game system, cell phone, tablet...... basically anything with a motherboard...... repair shop in central PA (motherboard optional sometimes). I have honed my soldering skills over the years and have a rework machine for those hard to reach areas under the chips .

I am not really a TV repairman, but I can't resist taking a look when a customer asks if I can fix a TV. That being said I have read some threads on these forums over the years and have gained some valuable information. I figured it was time I joined up and tried to help others in this community. I really can't say how much time I can devote to helping others here, but if I hop on and see someone I can be of assistance to I will surely do my best.

Thank you owners and mods for making a forum like this possible and keeping it running smoothly.

Jon

Comment

Hi
                            My name is Gabriel and I'm glad to find you all
                            I finish my high school in 2003 and got a degree in electronics
                            I would describe me more as a hobbyist enjoying dyi in tvs, computers..
                            Looking forward to learn a lot more here
                            Regards
                            Gabi

Comment

Hello everyone,
                              Tinkerer973 , new member yesterday, Name is Kevin.

Been an electronics tinkerer for years, CB radios mostly, but little by little I'm trying to broaden my horizens, this happens to be my TV, but if things go well, I might be more apt to look at other units, lord knows there are enough of them out there. Look forward to expanding my knowledge of electronics, and maybe even helping someone else out some time, who knows.

Kevin

Comment

hi everybody am Praveen from india..

am in to servicing of laptops...

Comment

hello all

Comment

dear all,
                                    I finally registered to this forum after having browsed a few threads since a few years.
                                    I'm working in IT and need to improve my skills on electronics applied to laptop and other devices. So ... I'm here.
                                    Cheers.

Comment

Hello Everyone.. Dave Here, Dcr_inc.. I'm located in a little town in Pa by the name of Delta.. I'm surrounded by abandoned slate mines which produced almost all of the slate roofing for the southern part of Pa and Northern Maryland.. I have my own small business repairing electronics.. I engineer and manufacture electronics for Maze Quest fun parks, which sell our products world wide..

Comment

Hi, and first of all sorry for my English.

Well after search a lot in internet, finally I found what I think it's one of the best resources to learn how to troubleshoot any problem on any TV. Thanks a lot to all the people who helped to make grow this forum!!!!

Comment

Hi, been a viewer for years, finally signing up so I can see images and learn more!

Comment

Working...
                                          X