• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dell inspiron 5458 dead after shut down

anyone please help share a schematic for this please

Comment

Originally posted by Romulo View Post
      i dont have schematics for this can someone have this please share. i already tried new cmos battery the problem is laptop turns on but after i shut down cannot turn on again but when i insert low voltage cmos battery i can turn on the laptop and when i shut down i can turn on many times but the problem is laptop beeps 5 short
      5 short beeps is not an issue. U can put the beeps off by cutting the track of "PC BEEPS". Look for it in the sound ic datasheet. For example , to stop this annoying beep on dell cedar 13269_1 mb, just cut the track of pin12 of sound ic. No more beeps.

But we should try to find why it doesnt turns on when 3v cell inserted.

Comment

thanks for the response mcplslg123 do you have schematic for this model please if this is the case i need to find out what type of sound ic does this model

Comment

Dont have schematics. Just try to find the datasheet of sound ic.cutting the audio beep or pc beep track works-i have done it on so many dells

Comment

Do you have 3v at switch after inserting 3v cmos battery??

Comment

yes i have 3v on switch after inserting 3v cmos battery but when i removed again the cmos battery and start the laptop with charger only plugged in starts automatically and it takes 20 secs to display first fan spinning then stops and then charger light off and then goes on and display comes even i reinsert the 3v cmos battery starts and go to post error date and time not set and when i shut down the laptop cannot turn on again

Comment

Here is the schematics document for Dell inspiron 5458.
                first check if it matches your laptop.
                Attached Files

Comment

thanks caspian for the schematics i already checked in the rtc1 section voltage on d2501 3D3V_AUX_S5 is there and have 3v but i cant find the C2503?
                  Attached Files

Comment

@mcplslg123 if i cut off the beeping sound could you share how to do it and which pin to disable this board has REALTEK ALC3234

Comment

this one spesial for u

try this one....
                      Attached Files

Comment

thanks but i cannot find on the board the r2502 c2503 voltage on D2501 pin 2 have 3v on 3D3V_AUX_S5 and the on Q2505. i have attached the image of the rtc on the board please help on this
                        Attached Files

Comment

as per the schematics attached by caspian, you need to cut the pin12 track of the sound ic. No need to remove any components. Its labelled "audio pc beeps". Just do it with 100% confidence as i have done this on many many dells and sound from speakers and headphone will work perfectly.

Comment

check R1720. it should be 330k.Signal name-RTC_AUX_S5

Comment

@mcplslg123 thanks for the response ill will check and give feed back

Comment

i still cannot find the R1720 on the board maybe ill try to cut the pin12 of realtek ALC3234

Comment

yes i have 3v on switch after inserting 3v cmos battery but when i removed again the cmos battery and start the laptop with charger only plugged in starts automatically and it takes 20 secs to display first fan spinning then stops and then charger light off and then goes on and display comes even i reinsert the 3v cmos battery starts and go to post error date and time not set and when i shut down the laptop cannot turn on again
                                  how many ampere on digital power supply?

Comment

you mean laptop charger. laptop charger has 3.34amp

Comment

i still cannot find the R1720 on the board maybe ill try to cut the pin12 of realtek ALC3234
                                      Go ahead man, atleast you will get rid of those annoying beeps.

Comment

@mcplslg123 thanks man i cut pin 12 and now there is no annoying beeps and laptop boots fine with this 1v cmos battery

Comment

I am not sure whether the schematics match your laptop or not.
                                          I just found it on the Internet.
                                          check it by comparing it to the mainboard.

Comment

Working...
                                          X