Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Laptops, Portable, and Mobile Devices
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2020, 06:33 AM   #1
7ak7
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12
Default TP401M resistor

Hello
I have Asus TP401M notebook.
MB model TP401MA REV. 2.0
Notebook was water damaged and one resistor is bad. See in picture.

Can someone tell me what is resistor value?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TP401ma.jpg (812.1 KB, 29 views)
7ak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:16 PM   #2
Eric D
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
City & State: North Bay, Ontario
My Country: Canada
Line Voltage: 500,000-volt transmission lines :)
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6
Default Re: TP401M resistor

That looks like a nasty scrape to the right in your pic; Did you ever find any info on microfarad and volt or a schematic or parts to replace? I have a TP401MA that won't boot off AC cord, battery is dead and it won't charge. I found a whole bunch of the brown capacitors beside your red mark - that when tested with a multi-meter errors on both sides, indicating a short; I've spent like a day trying to find schematics or a replacement motherboard ( 60nb0iv0-mb2000 (202) ) to get parts off of or swap it out all together.
Eric D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:25 PM   #3
R_J
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
City & State: ☻
My Country: Canada
I'm a: Professional Tech
Posts: 6,589
Default Re: TP401M resistor

All I can offer is the ic looks like a custom Richtek ATK1602GQW
R_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:54 PM   #4
Eric D
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
City & State: North Bay, Ontario
My Country: Canada
Line Voltage: 500,000-volt transmission lines :)
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6
Post Re: TP401M resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_J View Post
All I can offer is the ic looks like a custom Richtek ATK1602GQW
7ak7 WASN'T asking about the IC chip, in his pic he boxed in red the area where he already removed a small black "resistor" or a capacitor like the one on the other side of the bigger brown one, beside where he marked off.
Eric D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:57 AM   #5
Sephir0th
Member
 
Sephir0th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
City & State: Wangerland
My Country: Deutschland
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist Tech
Posts: 78
Default Re: TP401M resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric D View Post
7ak7 WASN'T asking about the IC chip, in his pic he boxed in red the area where he already removed a small black "resistor" or a capacitor like the one on the other side of the bigger brown one, beside where he marked off.
First, 7ak7 and you asked for Help, didn't you? So a little more respect Please!

Second, knowledge of the IC connected to the Resistor is Very useful. Unfortunately i can't find any Datasheet, but with this knowledge Maybe Someone can compare what is usually connected on PIN13.

Third, you have the Same Board? Why are you Not helping?! Grab your Multimeter, Put the probes in Ohms Mode On the resistor connected in Pin13 and Tell the value.

Fourth, you have a issue with your Laptop? Start a Thread with much as possible helpful History and measurements, so we are able to Help you.

Thank you for assistance!

Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-14-2021 at 01:02 AM..
Sephir0th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:27 AM   #6
Eric D
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
City & State: North Bay, Ontario
My Country: Canada
Line Voltage: 500,000-volt transmission lines :)
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6
Default Re: TP401M resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephir0th View Post
First, 7ak7 and you asked for Help, didn't you? So a little more respect Please!

Second, knowledge of the IC connected to the Resistor is Very useful. Unfortunately i can't find any Datasheet, but with this knowledge Maybe Someone can compare what is usually connected on PIN13.

Third, you have the Same Board? Why are you Not helping?! Grab your Multimeter, Put the probes in Ohms Mode On the resistor connected in Pin13 and Tell the value.

Fourth, you have a issue with your Laptop? Start a Thread with much as possible helpful History and measurements, so we are able to Help you.

Thank you for assistance!
You criticizing me, to be more respectful, is hypocritical. My saying this might be hypocritical in itself, especially if I were to add an exclamation mark like you did, many times actually! Do you know what exclamation marks are used for and how people feel negatively about them? Do only your feelings matter? I also find you writing “First, Second, Third, Forth, and Thank you for assistance!” as not being respectful; which in my criticism of you saying so seems to make me hypocritical.

I also find you not acting respectfully in schooling me with “knowledge of the IC connected to the Resistor is Very useful” – for you are criticizing yet again – expecting that I should have known that R_J was trying to help by identifying the connected IC chip and that a Datasheet might help identify what’s usually connected on PIN13 of it as you say. R_J didn’t help identify why he offered info on the IC chip, why didn’t you criticize him? Do you also discriminate? And 7ak7 did in fact only ask for someone to tell him the resistor value (without actually specifying what type of value). So why didn’t you criticize 7ak7 in not specifying a value? Are there not multiple values that exist?

Additionally still, you hypocritically disrespect and criticize me and accusing me of not helping by stating “Why are you NOT helping?!” – when in fact I was helping others and myself. Additionally yet, you disrespect me by commanding I do what you say (or write) and “Grab” my Multimeter (which is assuming I have at least one at all or you dismiss the possibility that I have more than one Multimeter). Then you command I “tell” the Ohms value to ? you all? And how do I know if I have the same board as 7ak7, he didn’t specify a motherboard! Why didn’t you criticize and disrespect him for doing that? Why do you just mistreat me? I even gave the identification details of my motherboard, which looks like it has the same components; but I wasn’t helping according to you?

And concerning your fourth command… I have already expressed I have issues, not just “a issue” as you ask a badly worded question that isn’t really a question and it leads you to bark out more commands, doesn’t specify what “measurements” to specify in a “Thread”.

Do you really want to help or do you get pleasure out of acting like you did? What un-harmful defence and prevention exists against horrible and/or terrible people who can’t or won’t see themselves as so?


Is the missing component a resistor, a capacitor, or what? The Ohms reading I get on my motherboard, in relation to the missing component originally in question by 7ak7, is .005kOhms (I don’t know what is meant by “ON the resistor connected IN Pin13”.

Eric D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:43 AM   #7
Sephir0th
Member
 
Sephir0th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
City & State: Wangerland
My Country: Deutschland
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist Tech
Posts: 78
Default Re: TP401M resistor

English is Not my foreign language, and the auto-correct function of the Smartphone comes additionally, my apologies.

Your Statements are really impressive. So forgive me that i don't Care to elaborate, but I Only want to Spend my time for the technical discussions Here.

What is your actual issue right now? Did I Understand it right, your battery is Not Charging? But you also called the Battery "dead". So If it is dead, you should replace the Battery. If the Battery is okay, we have to troubleshoot the Charging Circuit.

However, regarding the pinned "Beginner Guide" the First step should be to replace the Battery.

Kind regards
Sephir0th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:45 AM   #8
R_J
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
City & State: ☻
My Country: Canada
I'm a: Professional Tech
Posts: 6,589
Default Re: TP401M resistor

.

Last edited by R_J; 01-14-2021 at 11:49 AM..
R_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:51 AM   #9
Eric D
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
City & State: North Bay, Ontario
My Country: Canada
Line Voltage: 500,000-volt transmission lines :)
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6
Default Re: TP401M resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephir0th View Post
English is Not my foreign language, and the auto-correct function of the Smartphone comes additionally, my apologies.

Your Statements are really impressive. So forgive me that i don't Care to elaborate, but I Only want to Spend my time for the technical discussions Here.

What is your actual issue right now? Did I Understand it right, your battery is Not Charging? But you also called the Battery "dead". So If it is dead, you should replace the Battery. If the Battery is okay, we have to troubleshoot the Charging Circuit.

However, regarding the pinned "Beginner Guide" the First step should be to replace the Battery.

Kind regards
IF you “ONLY want to Spend” YOUR “time for the technical discussions Here” then why do you act contradictorily by stating other matters and commands like “English is Not my foreign language, and the auto-correct function of the Smartphone comes additionally, my apologies. Your Statements are really impressive. So forgive me that I don't Care to elaborate”???!!! And what’s my “actual” problem, as you tyrannically single out, rejecting multiple possibilities, likely still criticizing and dictating without context?!

Unlike you I can recognize my mistakes and improve; why won’t you? Is a battery ever truly dead? Is a battery ever truly alive? Seems to me we both ineffectively described what’s going on; but will you come to this understanding, will you recognise you’re not as good as you show that you think you are?

Specifically concerning the laptop I’m trying to fix, I will rewrite from my previous attempt to describe… I’m trying to fix a TP401MA that won't boot off an AC charger, nor charge the internal battery pack that was previously working properly. There are two LED lights on the side of said laptop, that usually indicate power and function, they don't light up anymore. I’ve found information on the internet, by others who have experience similar if not exact issues, I’ve found tutorial type help to troubleshoot, but as of yet still can’t find the fault and a resolve. On the laptops motherboard I’ve found a whole bunch of the brown components - like the one beside 7ak7’s red marked area on his provided picture, that when I test them with a multi-meter I find it errors on both sides (one lead on the boards negative side, the other lead to either side of the brown component, which indicates a short as I’m told by others. Additionally, I have tested all mosfet’s to see it 19volts is running through them, which they are. I suspect the original ASUS AC adapter failed, a different AC adapter was used (possibly with the opposite needed polarity) and fried something.

Any which way I need parts to fix, which seem to be hard to come by, even if I figure out the motherboards problem and can somehow cope with others lack of sensibility.
Eric D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:12 AM   #10
SMDFlea
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
City & State: York
My Country: UK
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 5,736
Default Re: TP401M resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric D View Post
IF you “ONLY want to Spend” YOUR “time for the technical discussions Here” then why do you act contradictorily by stating other matters and commands like “English is Not my foreign language, and the auto-correct function of the Smartphone comes additionally, my apologies. Your Statements are really impressive. So forgive me that I don't Care to elaborate”???!!! And what’s my “actual” problem, as you tyrannically single out, rejecting multiple possibilities, likely still criticizing and dictating without context?!

Unlike you I can recognize my mistakes and improve; why won’t you? Is a battery ever truly dead? Is a battery ever truly alive? Seems to me we both ineffectively described what’s going on; but will you come to this understanding, will you recognise you’re not as good as you show that you think you are?

Specifically concerning the laptop I’m trying to fix, I will rewrite from my previous attempt to describe… I’m trying to fix a TP401MA that won't boot off an AC charger, nor charge the internal battery pack that was previously working properly. There are two LED lights on the side of said laptop, that usually indicate power and function, they don't light up anymore. I’ve found information on the internet, by others who have experience similar if not exact issues, I’ve found tutorial type help to troubleshoot, but as of yet still can’t find the fault and a resolve. On the laptops motherboard I’ve found a whole bunch of the brown components - like the one beside 7ak7’s red marked area on his provided picture, that when I test them with a multi-meter I find it errors on both sides (one lead on the boards negative side, the other lead to either side of the brown component, which indicates a short as I’m told by others. Additionally, I have tested all mosfet’s to see it 19volts is running through them, which they are. I suspect the original ASUS AC adapter failed, a different AC adapter was used (possibly with the opposite needed polarity) and fried something.

Any which way I need parts to fix, which seem to be hard to come by, even if I figure out the motherboards problem and can somehow cope with others lack of sensibility.
You already made your point in your first reply so just cool it OK !!!!!!!
SMDFlea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:14 AM   #11
SMDFlea
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
City & State: York
My Country: UK
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 5,736
Default Re: TP401M resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephir0th View Post
English is Not my foreign language, and the auto-correct function of the Smartphone comes additionally, my apologies.

Your Statements are really impressive. So forgive me that i don't Care to elaborate, but I Only want to Spend my time for the technical discussions Here.

What is your actual issue right now? Did I Understand it right, your battery is Not Charging? But you also called the Battery "dead". So If it is dead, you should replace the Battery. If the Battery is okay, we have to troubleshoot the Charging Circuit.

However, regarding the pinned "Beginner Guide" the First step should be to replace the Battery.

Kind regards
You too
SMDFlea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #12
Eric D
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
City & State: North Bay, Ontario
My Country: Canada
Line Voltage: 500,000-volt transmission lines :)
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6
Default Re: TP401M resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDFlea View Post
You already made your point in your first reply so just cool it OK !!!!!!!
If I made my point then why do I keep getting pushed around, and now by a super mod?
Eric D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:35 PM   #13
khaahk
Badcaps Veteran
 
khaahk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
City & State: Tallinn
My Country: Estonia
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 622
Default Re: TP401M resistor

Start a new thread with your problem, the topic was started a long time ago.
Check https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758
Low resistance on caps is not necessarily an error.
khaahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Badcaps.net Technical Forums © 2003 - 2021
Powered by vBulletin ®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 AM.
Did you find this forum helpful?