Dell 2007wfp - 2 sec to black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2007wfp - 2 sec to black

So I opened the LCD and lo and behold the wiring is damaged on the top right corner (same corner with the arcing sound). See attached pic. Any good place to get replacement ccfl other than http://www.ccflwarehouse.com/. Thanks Guys.
    Attached Files

Comment

Can't fix the wiring? A little bit of wire and some silicone sealant should be good. Just -wait- 12 hours for the stuff to fully cure.

CCFL Warehouse is probably one of the best around with a huge selection. Goods are professionally packed and shipped.
      veritas odium parit

Comment

Toasty: I fixed the wiring myself and used some liquid electrical tape instead of silicone which cures in 15 minutes. I am typing on it right now. Working perfectly. Thanks much guys.

Comment

Here some more pictures of the CCFL wiring on 2007WFp.
          This monitor was having the 2 second to black, But also having some real violent flickering of the CCFLs.
          There were 5 CCFLs with problems.
          Luckily I had the correct adapters, to be able to substitute CCFLs.
          You can see some darkening on the ends of the CCFLs,But this one will be able to be repaired with some rewiring.
          Its full of elite caps that I will also replace.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by alexanna; 07-30-2011, 09:53 AM.
          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Working...
          X