Samsung UN65NU6900F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN65NU6900F

Here I have a Samsung with a good panel and partial illumination. I am guessing based on the bright spot at the bottom of the screen that one of the LED strips has come loose and fallen to the bottom of the set, but I am guessing about the orientation being vertical. Most TVs have the strips set horizontally. Just thought I'd post first in case there is a good solution or tips for removing the panel safely. I've damaged about 3 now.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN65NU6900F

I think I've figured it out. Some of the LEDs are burned out on the bottom left of this EDGE-LIT TV, making the remaining lights brighter than the rest. This is wear them down more quickly as they are burning brighter and hotter than the rest. How am I doing so far?

Comment

They're probably melting into the diffuser
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

yep, you probably have a melted mess in there.

Comment

+1 everyone. This is well documented on the “NU” series. Honest opinion is not worth fixing. The exact same thing will happen again. Backlights go out and you will have that hotspot unless you replace the diffuser.
          But like I said it will happen again. This is just a poor design by Samsung.

Comment

Totally agree, hopefully those parts will fit other model tvs, i wouldn't trust these ever.

Comment

Working...
            X