MacBook Pro 15-Inch "Core i7" 2.2 Mid-2015 A1398 LCD PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro 15-Inch "Core i7" 2.2 Mid-2015 A1398 LCD PROBLEM

hello, a customer brought me this laptop, a1398 2015, and the lcd shows horizontal lines and sometimes the image crashes. I tried with another lcd cable but no luck, with another lcd assembly it works fine. Anyone knows if this could be repaired? Or at least if anyone can tell me what it is. Is it from the lcd flexes, is it from pressure? It does not have any dents on the screen or liquid damage. I have seen similar lines in a a1502 before and it was also lcd problem.
    thanks

https://ibb.co/q7MJvTb

Re: MacBook Pro 15-Inch "Core i7" 2.2 Mid-2015 A1398 LCD PROBLEM

LCD issues in these models tend to not be repairable HOWEVER, you can repair them if you know how to remove the LCD Digitizer and buy the LCD kit to do so. In most cases the Digitizer is failing on this LCD. I would suggest buying a USED one since the market is very short on these LCD at the moment. If your working LCD works then you pinpointed the issue.
    Also if the LCD just didnt turn on at all and wasn't cracked and your LCD worked, Louis Rossmann shows you how to repair a resistor on the LCD to get it working again. Just food for thought!
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

These aren't touchscreen, there's no digitizer.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Sorry correction I meant the LCD itself. Replace the internal LCD component not the housing. That is the only solution I can think of
        sigpic
        MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

The bare LCD panel won't be much cheaper than a full assembly but it'll be very difficult to replace, you risk breaking it and you have a higher chance of getting a low quality panel than buying a used assembly from a trustworthy supplier.
          This LCD is the most expensive but that's how it is. Getting it replaced by Apple may even be a better solution at this point…
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

thank you for the responses, i know about the Louis video, its a capacitor he replaces, i hoped maybe there's something like that for this problem and we can fix these. Also the one i have does not seem to be the same, it has a shield over the components in the back of the lcd board. I also thought about replacing the connector on the lcd but i dont think thats the issue. I have already informed the client he needs to replace the whole assembly, of course im not gonna try and replace those ridiculously fragile and expensive lcd panels. Also i think apple only services devices for 5 years so i dont think they even replace these screens any more.
            thanks again
            Last edited by mantza; 01-23-2021, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X