Lg32lv450u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg32lv450u

Hi all I have a LG32LV450U LED tv that is not switching on. Initially when I opened it up I could see two very bulged 47uf 450v caps on the power board which I replaced along with two fuses (5A & 1.6A). With these replaced the power light flicked on but off again. I decided to replace further electrolytic caps but all I can get is a very faint sound from the relay. The power board is EAX62865601/7 rev1.0
    Sadly I cannot find a diagram for this power board.The chassis is LD01U
    and although I can find the LG service document the schematic for the power board is not included.
    After some measurements I can see that the Bridge rectifier is not getting an input and tracing the tracks I can see this is due to the relay not powering.
    Does anyone have a diagram at all for this model or any tips on where I go next?
    Many thanks all.

Re: Lg32lv450u

the 450v caps will be the main filter caps.

what brand have you replaced the caps with,and any others?

were the fuses blackend/broken when they blew?

did you replace fuses and retest?,if there were a fault they would have blown again,prob causing the bridge not to get its voltage

also will need a good quality picture of the layout,and the power supply close up of whole board
    fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
    please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Hi Multimeter many thanks for the reply.
      The replacement caps are all G.Luxon caps. The original fuses were of the coloured bar ceramic types so were not blackened but they were both blown.
      With the new fuses and caps in the fuses are OK now.I get the mains AC through the 5A fuse to the one leg of the relay but the relay isn't being powered so it isn't switching through to the rectifier.Strangely though I am getting the 3.5v DC on the secondry side????
      I will post a picture later to try to help matters.
      Many thanks

Comment

Here are some pics of the power board.
        I hope they turn out OK.
        Attached Files

Comment

what series were the g luxon's?,personally id have put panasonic fc/fm/fr series as they are low esr.

actually,looking at the other caps there are good brand caps there already (rubycon's)
          fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
          please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

This is years old but I hope that someone may be able to help me with the same problem.
            I may just make a new thread when I can.

I have replaced the caps, lcd turns on but in about ten seconds the cap blow sending an awesome display of white smoke through my work bench area.

It seems something is sending or allowing to much power into the caps?

Where, what should I check? or do I replace the whole power supply.

This is on 32lv2500 model. board is eax62865601/7

Comment

Sure you installed the caps correctly? There's a "+" and "-" lead.

Comment

Working...
              X