Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung Service Manual, is it possible to obtain one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Service Manual, is it possible to obtain one?

I'm trying to repair a Samsung UN55D6050TFXZA that apparently has some bad LEDs. I purchased an LED testing tool and found the problem. Now, I need to disassemble the unit to get to the LED strips. I thought a Youtube video might help and found a few, but would like to rely on a Service Manual instead for disassembly. I looked for a Service Manual on-line and found a company offering them for $12.00 ($20.11 shipped), www.samsungparts.com. ShopJimmy did not have them, has no stock on the LEDs for my TV.

I ordered from www.samsungparts.com expecting to get a automatic email receipt. nope. I called their phone number, and was greeted with J & J International's phone tree. After a lengthy wait for sales, the sales rep said she'd "email a receipt right now.", nope. The next day I phoned back and was told by Customer Service a tracking number would be sent when the product ships, nope. They charged my credit card the day I placed the online order.

Today, about 8 days later, I got a flash drive in the mail labelled SERVICE MANUAL. Inserted it into the computer, scanned for viruses, anxious to see my SERVICE MANUAL, only to find a.......USER'S MANUAL. I called Customer Service again, explained my frustration and she asked for my order number. Before I could say the number I heard CLICK, disconnected. Called them back, waited more and finally gave up. Called 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) and tried to get a SERVICE MANUAL, nope, they don't have them. They suggested I call an authorized Tech Repair Center, number 321-953-5294, United Service Samsung (Googled the number and it's J & J International. I filled out an online complaint on the www.samsungparts.com website and placed a call to my credit card company to dispute the charge.

So, is it even possible to obtain a real Samsung Service Manual for my TV? Or, should I just disassemble it by trial and error?

Re: Samsung Service Manual, is it possible to obtain one?

https://elektrotanya.com/?q=keres Try there.

Comment

I've not seen instructions in any Samsung service manuals that shows how to remove the LCD to get to the LEDs. They are all very similar in construction and not to hard to work how to disassemble but below are some tips to help it go successfully.

Care needs to be taken when moving the two boards attached with flex cables to the panel.

Flick the panel in to the vertical position from the middle then hold it on both corners. Store it upright, don't get the polarising layers mixed up, keep them in the same order.

When replacing the LCD panel, again holding it vertically, align in the corner and lower down. Double check the alignment in the corner, it's easy for it to move slightly when you lay down and if you reattach the metal frame it will crack the screen.

I do LED repairs on a duvet folded over to provide padding, that way I can leave all the boards attached so I can power on the TV when the LCD is removed. Once repaired I test the TV for 24 hours to check there are no more failures, before refitting the LCD.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Comment

Here's a video put out by shop-jimmy that outlines the process for replacing a LED strip on a Samsung 60". It should give you an idea of what awaits you. They do use suction cups to remove the LCD panel and some members will debate the need for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5d_JkOEBSg

Comment

Working...
        X