Laptop LCD display brightness issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laptop LCD display brightness issue

Backlight is controlled from SIO by BL PWM signal that drive mosfet. u can check PWM signal and remove mosfet to drive BL with PSU. mosfet can be shorted so BL goes on full brightness no matter what signal is getting

Comment

INV_DA: KBCoutput D/A signal(adjust voltage level)to adjust Back light

Comment

@ktmmotocross, only if I can find that mosfet. Any idea where could it be located?

@raakjumar don't understand what you're trying to say there

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
          Backlight is controlled from SIO by BL PWM signal that drive mosfet. u can check PWM signal and remove mosfet to drive BL with PSU. mosfet can be shorted so BL goes on full brightness no matter what signal is getting
          The screen is eDP,can the mosfet be built into it or the motherboard ? ,i`m not sure reading the eDP spec .
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-03-2019, 09:58 AM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

[QUOTE=andyred;890072]@ktmmotocross, only if I can find that mosfet. Any idea where could it be located?

You need the boardview, i`ve already posted that if you make a request, someone may be kind enough to post it,if they have it.

http://sualaptop365.edu.vn/threads/a...rdviewer.1110/
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-03-2019, 09:59 AM.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

A strange thing that I've noticed just now. I can modify from the Intel HD graphics control panel the color brightness to a minimum value of -60 (color brightness, I have no screen brightness option available) Once I remove the AC cord and it remains only on battery the brightness goes up to maximum again but the -60 value remains unchanged.
              I really don't understand what is going on here

Comment

I've checked today the mosfets, none are shorted.

Comment

Working...
                X