philips 42pfl5432d/37 no power-blows fuse on PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: philips 42pfl5432d/37 no power-blows fuse on PSU

no i didn't remove them from the board is that necessary? will it give me false readings in circuit? i will if that is what is needed

Comment

i would remove them and test.

Comment

can someone please tell me what q901 and q902 are suppose to read when checking to make sure they aren't shorted. i have a cheap centech dmm and on q901 it reads pins 1-2 it reads 4 and pins 1-3 it reads 4 also and from pins 2-3 it reads 0 and q902 it reads 1-2 it reads 1436 and pins 1-3 it reads 732 and pins 2-3 reads 446 they are both on the board do i need to take them out to get an accurate reading? thanks for any help still waiting for the 4 caps to come like tom suggested but just testing other things in the meantime

Comment

#1 is definitely bad, #2 is suspect; are those out of circuit readings?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yes they are on the board and out of the tv with no fuse in the board i don't know if any of that matters when i checked them and got those readings. i also checked d912 and that read 0 both ways and i also checked r963 and r949 and both of them also read 0 both ways unless i am doing something wrong.

Comment

i guess no one can help me or i am completely crazy

Comment

Here's one method for testing mosfets (see link below). The plus and minus symbols in the steps (ex: "- Drain"), tell you where the negative and positive probes should be placed, respectively. From left to right, you have Gate (G), Drain (D), and Source (S) pins. Set your multimeter to the diode mode - this symbol on your meter:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...52&postcount=7

You asked a question in another thread about hot vs. cold. On your board, there's a thick black line that separates hot from cold.

Edit: I would de-solder at least one leg of your test components from the board so that you get accurate readings.
                Last edited by capkid; 08-24-2013, 11:50 PM.
                LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

thanks for the reply so everything on the inner part of the black line is the hot and the others on the outside are the hot? i will have to disconnect the mosfets and read them off the board cause i did it exactly in your post and i still have the same readings as before

Comment

took q901 off the board and it reads the same so i am assuming it is bad it read 0 between gate and source and when i touched the + to the gate then back to the drain it still read 0 now i am gonna take out q902 and see it that read the same as it did in circuit. i know it is an n mosfet cause i looked up the datasheet off the number on it. any other ideas as to what else could be bad or wrong i would appreciate it greatly

Comment

oops i meant cold on the outside in the other post

Comment

took out q902 and it reads - to drain and + to source 446 and it reads open with + on drain and - on source but when i touch off on the gate them back to the drain it stays open and doesn't charge. so i am guessing that is also bad. how many thing could be bad on this power supply? i guess everything but we never had a storm when this happened or a surge that i know of because nothing else on the same surge protector got affected.

Comment

i guess they are bad can someone verify that and i also looked them up to get new ones and q901 which is w18nk80z they say is discontinued what is a good replacement for it? what else can i check to makes sure they aren't bad also? q902 is w26nm60 which is available i looked at digikey for both thanks in advance

Comment

i did a cross reference and 1 is ixfh20n80q and the other is spw11n80c3 and 1 is 16 dollars the other is 4 something. which 1 should i go with or won't it make much difference?

Comment

There is a repair kit for a similar Philips TV that includes the fet you need. This seller is very reputable - I've used him many times: http://www.ebay.com/itm/42-TV-REPAIR...item2ec95f9e46

Also, the fet is on ebay as a standalone: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_It...z&LH_PrefLoc=1

Edit: It appears that there are quite a few repair services, and some mention 715T2432-1, 715T2432-2, and 715T2432-3 in their descriptions. So, they're most likely identical boards.
                              Last edited by capkid; 08-25-2013, 01:27 PM.

Comment

thanks capkid but do i also need to order q902 mosfet w26nm60 or is that ok from the readings i took? i don't think it is good do u?

Comment

Originally posted by philliesfan30m View Post
                                  thanks capkid but do i also need to order q902 mosfet w26nm60 or is that ok from the readings i took? i don't think it is good do u?
                                  Since it's only about $4, I'd replace it.

Comment

ok thanks for the reply

Comment

can someone help me with ordering mosfet w26nm60 at digikey they don't have any but they have w26nm60n the only difference i see is that w26nm60 is 30A to-247 and the w26nm60n is 20A to-247 will that make a difference? and i have to get a w18nk80z mosfet but they are discontinued and i cross referenced it and got spw11n80c3 as a replacement is that correct? thanks for any help

Comment

Um, why don't you just get what you need from eBay? I'd buy the FULL repair kit, since this appears to be a common issue, and any additional mosfets you need from there. I've used all these sellers numerous times, and they're all extremely reliable. Digikey isn't the only source for good parts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-NEW-W2...item53f5a4bea3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pcs-W26NM6...item2c7186d60c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/W26NM60-STW2...item257e541bbb

Edit: If you elect to not get the full repair kit, and you don't thoroughly test your PSU, you risk blowing your new parts.
                                        Last edited by capkid; 08-25-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

i guess i could of but i like doing things the hard way and ordering everything from 1 place so i ordered everything from mouser.com they had everything i needed and the shipping was reasonable along with their prices instead of having to order from several different places even though i had to look everything up and took a little long i have all the stuff that comes in the repair kit i double checked everything and made sure they were compatible. everything should be here in 3-7 business days then i'll see if i get it fixed. i got all panasonic caps cause i heard they were good.

Comment

Working...
                                          X