The Future of the Desktop PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Future of the Desktop PC

In my opinion tablets are convenient, but only for quick email or watching cat videos. Sure you might be able to walk around a warehouse with one scanning stock levels or something, but that's a pretty niche legitimate use.

If you want to do anything useful, you get a desktop PC or maybe a laptop.

And if you want to play games properly, you get a desktop, end of story.
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

You are pushed away from Microsoft to do this is they are too greedy to let you run business apps like MS Word on a Windows 7 Embedded Thin Client.
      So what's Office 365 then?

As I've said repeatedly in the past, I'm really not a Microsoft fan but as I work with their crap on a daily basis I kinda have to keep up with what they are up to

Comment

Let me tell you...

I'm running a small computer repair business (just me really) and I just replaced my laptop with a desktop. I figured that I haven't taken the laptop anywhere in more than a year (!) so it didn't make any sense for me to own one anymore. On another note, laptops are less upgradeable and harder to service.

In my opinion classic desktops will continue to exist at least for the enthusiast/gamer market which is still not something you could easily dismiss. I've been a fan of mini-ITX format since the beginning but I'm still running a full ATX rig at home. You just can't stick a decent gaming graphics card inside a tablet :P

Comment

Working...
        X