Converting HP EliteBook 840 G7 non-touch to touch if possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting HP EliteBook 840 G7 non-touch to touch if possible

I am trying to convert a HP EliteBook 840 G7 notebook from a non-touch to a touchscreen. I purchased a complete touch LCD assembly with a screen/back cover/bezel/video cable and swapped it out with the original non-touch LCD assembly.
    The screen works but the touch does not. I know the new LCD assembly is completely functional because we tried it on a similar touchscreen EliteBook 840 G7 and the touch works there.
    I contacted the seller and he said screen conversion like this will not work due some difference in the motherboard for non-touch and touch capable EliteBook 840 G7.

Does anyone has experience dealing with a similar issue? Is there something on the motherboard that needs to be altered in order for the touch screen to work on a previously non-touch notebook?

Regards.

One thing comes to mind is the bios ic chip version might not be the right one for a touch screen because if not then this might be one reason why it does not work even though you have working hardware

Also did you download the drivers for the touch screen as well and did windows recognize it if not then probably because of what I pointed out above could be the reason why it not working
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 05-06-2024, 05:30 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%
    1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board
    All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Clearly, the issue is with the motherboard. HP produces many versions of this motherboard. I tried reflashing the bios from a touchscreen computer to no avail.

I kind of gave up on the idea and instead purchased and then repaired a non-functioning touchscreen Elitebook.

Comment

It's from the bios, it's easy on the 840 G1-G4/820-G1-G3 including 1040 and 1030 to G3 but from G5 above I've been finding it difficult to do so.

Comment

Working...
        X