Acer 6920G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer 6920G

Hi everyone my Acer 6920g has been having power issues lately after owning it for the last 5 years. Recently windows 7 crashed because of all the restarts and before i could finish reinstalling windows 7 it would restart in the middle of the installation so my 6920g is now a brick that is dessembled into a million pieces.

Anyways i read that it is because of the OE907 capacitor but i wanna double check with you guys that this is the culprut and not something else. I have cleaned the laptop to make sure its not the temperature. Using Rightmark Clock CPU Utility i was noticing the voltage would change between 6v and 11v all the time even though i had 11v set as the only option.

Now if the OE907 is the culprit how do i go about getting this repaired. Currently i am living in another country so they won{t have any professional equipment outside of heat and soldering guns.

What part should i buy and how many?

I saw some people use 330UF and other users were using 440UF so i am not sure which to get since they never posted if they got it working again.

Can{t i just buy a new OE907 replacement that is identical since its cheaper and its only one piece instead of having to solder 2-4 pieces.

For the time being im gonna buy a power adapter that comes with a voltage regulator that costs $15 over here and im praying this will be a temporary fix since from the looks of it its gonna take about a month to get this fixed.

I hope i get some help quick because i have been without my laptop for 3 weeks now and im going crazy and i will have to wait another month or two before it gets fixed.

Re: Acer 6920G

power adapter, is that one faulty as well? if you need one, i have one from 6920g i am not using

Comment

Working...
    X