Need help identifying capacitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying capacitor

I accidently knocked a surface mount capacitor off a nVidia geForce4 MX agp video card. It is the same as this capacitor, which is located elsewhere on the same video card. The numbers on the capacitor are 122-100-25Z.

Can anyone translate these numbers? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files

Re: Need help identifying capacitor

100uf 25v

Comment

I thought that's what it might be, but the first number (122) confused me, as did the Z after the 25. And I'm pretty new to this type of stuff. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I am not trying to highjack but I am tired of jumping through hoops and still unable to post please forgive me on this but I need some help. Unable to find the following guide me if you can.
        1276 R54 0130-4702-1654 RES. CF 47Kohm 1/16W J 0402

Comment

Originally posted by krogers View Post
          I thought that's what it might be, but the first number (122) confused me, as did the Z after the 25. And I'm pretty new to this type of stuff. Thanks for the help!

http://www.lelon.com.tw/index.php?fn=cat&id=11

VEZ series

Comment

Originally posted by Duncanbest View Post
            Thanks for the reply. According to the information to which you refer, the cap would be 10uf.

The first two digits of the "100" are significant, and the third digit represents how many zeros follow it. So, 100 represents 10 followed by no zeros, which is then read as just 10uf. (101 would be 10 followed by 1 zero, or read as 100uf.)

The 25Z is the voltage followed by the series number.

I guess the 122 is a date code, although this company uses a letter and number combination for that now. Maybe 12th month of 2002? That would be about the right time frame for this video card.

Does this sound reasonable?

Comment

I discovered the video card works without the missing capacitor.

Well, I guess I'll pick up both a 10uf and a 100uf and then flip a coin.

Comment

Working...
              X