Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop Computer Won't Turn ON ............?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop Computer Won't Turn ON ............?

Sry! If i have posted in the wrong Section ...........

Hello Everyone,
    I have a DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop(around 3yrs. old) .......... motherboard - Foxconn G33M02 ...... it was working fine till yesterday but after having cleaned the system for dust and all ...... I again powered the system and it just woun't start i.e. even after pressing the power button(on the front side of the system), nothing happens i mean no fans moving,no light of any kind, no nothing. Although the Green LED under the power cable connector turns green (on the back side,Just below the power cable connector) after having attached the power cable to it. For having a look inside i opened the cabinet that found that the Orange LED is light up almost on the top right corner of the motherboard but nothing happens while i press the power button ..... and thus i'm fearing that the motherboard has gone out of order ...........
    In order to troubleshoot the problem i jumped the Green and Black cable ports of the PSU and the fan starting moving ........ so, i'm supposing that the PSU is working fine ...

I'm also wanting to know how to check the motherboard and if so the individual capacitors and resistors on it ...........and if just in case i'm unable to resolve the issue what options do i have in terms of motherboard(which is similar in technical specifications to my original motherboard), as DELL is charging me a lot more than the price of a new Motherboard .............
    so,kindly suggest me a new motherboard of similar capacity i.e. no of SATA ports,IDE ports,RAM slots etc.which i can buy from a local vendor ........

My current system configuration are as follows :-
    Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160
    Foxconn G33M02 Motherboard
    300 Watts PSU/SMPS
    SATA DVD RW+/-
    Bluetooth module with 13 in 1 media card reader
    IEEE firewire 1394
    TV tuner card(internal)
    Intel's Onboard LAN
    SATA HDD 160 GB
    Link to the Specification page :-

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/e....htm#wp1052310

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated ............
    thnxx in advance .............

Re: My DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop Computer Won't Turn ON ............?

I suggest checking all your connections again. It is possible that you knocked something loose during cleaning.

Reseat all connectors, DRAM, power connectors, etc.

Double check your fan/heatsink on the CPU.

Originally posted by eruptionjoojo
    it was working fine till yesterday but after having cleaned the system for dust and all ......
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Check that the 2 jumper wires are pushed in the jumper panel on motherboard (Probably marked PW+ and PW-) from your chassis front panel to motherboard, these go to the front power switch. When these 2 pins on motherboard are shorted pc turns on.

Comment

I've fixed more than a few of these with dead Bestec power supplies. Not the dreaded 12E power supplies, but dead Bestecs nonetheless. I know you said you jumpered it and it powered on, but that often means little in terms of the power supply functioning properly.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps
          I suggest checking all your connections again. It is possible that you knocked something loose during cleaning.

Reseat all connectors, DRAM, power connectors, etc.

Double check your fan/heatsink on the CPU.
          thnxx a lot for your reply ..........
          but actually i have already reseat everything from HDD to Ram,power cables ..... but of no use ..........
          although i would recheck once as again as you have suggested .......

Comment

Originally posted by Tomthetech
            Check that the 2 jumper wires are pushed in the jumper panel on motherboard (Probably marked PW+ and PW-) from your chassis front panel to motherboard, these go to the front power switch. When these 2 pins on motherboard are shorted pc turns on.
            thnxx a lot for your reply .........
            as you suggested i have checked the jumpers and they are in proper position ....... and one thing which i wanted to ask is that you said that the computer starts if the 2 pins i.e. jumpers are short is it like without having to press the power button or after pressing the power button ..... ??
            anyways thnxx again for your reply .........

Comment

Originally posted by yyonline
              I've fixed more than a few of these with dead Bestec power supplies. Not the dreaded 12E power supplies, but dead Bestecs nonetheless. I know you said you jumpered it and it powered on, but that often means little in terms of the power supply functioning properly.
              thnxx a lot for your reply ..........
              i have already tested SMPS/PSU by replacing it with a new one .....
              if i need to follow some more steps in order to be confirm, kindly suggest me the steps ......
              thnxx in advance ..........

Comment

Thnxxx to everyone who so ever replied ..............
                and yeah the good news is that my system has started working perfectly again .........
                it all happened while i removed everything off my computer except the motherboard and processor and troubleshooted the Power ON/OFF switch ..... n there i was there was a loose/faulty connection at the terminal of the ON/OFF switch connection .........
                So,while i pressed the port quiet hard and powered the ON/OFF switch, the computer started and there and then my problem got solved .......... although i had previously also reseated the On/OFF switch port earlier but i don't know still may be there was some error earlier ........
                thnxxx again to everyone .............
                Last edited by eruptionjoojo; 06-05-2010, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Glad that you worked it out eruptionjoojo :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X