Samsung LN46C650L1F PSU Trouble and Black Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN46C650L1F PSU Trouble and Black Lines

I have this Samsung LN46C650L1F 46" LCD tv. The backlights were flickering when I turned on the tv and I read in another thread that there is a cap that goes faulty. I had a 52" psu that is identical to this one and I installed it. The backlights are working perfectly now. But I have a lot of black lines. I read in another thread that it's to do with the lvds cable. I wiggled it and the black lines went away. So I left the tv. I went back a little later and they were back. So I cleaned the cable and put it back in. The black lines were there but I wiggled the cable and it went away again. Left it overnight and turned it on this morning and the black lines are back. My question is it the cable or the mainboard connection or the tcon connection? It's hard to see the lines in the pictures but I attached a couple.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LN46C650L1F PSU Trouble and Black Lines

Could be the Main Bd connector....as was my experience..... Try replacing the cable.....

Comment

Excellent. I'll look at getting another cable. I have a bunch of ribbon cables, maybe I can match one up.

Comment

I have a 52" mainboard. I wonder if there is an eeprom I can remove off the 46" mainboard and put it on the 52" mainboard, so the screen will work properly?

Comment

After cleaning the cable and the connector a few times, I got it to be stable. I also drilled a hole in the case so if the black lines come back, I can just push a dowel on the connector on the mainboard to clear it up. I did watch a movie on it last night and the black lines didn't come back. Knock on wood.

Comment

Black lines are back. When I push on the mainboad they go away. Maybe reflow the board? What do you think?

Comment

Back at this tv. I bought a replacement board and I am getting the same problem but I know it's not the tcon or the ribbon cable. If I slightly push on one chip the lines go away. I'm scared to reflow it. Should I? I attached a picture of the chip that needs to be reflowed. I also talked to the gentleman the I bought the board off of. He told me that it had vertical lines and he thought it was the panel.
              Attached Files

Comment

You are correct, that chip is indeed the failure and what will need to be fixed in order to get the board back up and running. A reflow, we have found to not work very well with these types of boards. You can give it a shot at your own risk, but there is a repair service linked below that will do a reball of the chip for you at a reasonable price.

https://www.nickstvs.com/store/p1869/BN94-02620P

Comment

Working...
                X