Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to buy a main board for LG42lf66? which code shall i look for..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to buy a main board for LG42lf66? which code shall i look for..

Hi all...

I am in need of a main board for my lg42lf66.

I have looked at my existing board and I found this numbers:

CHASSIS: LD/PD73/75A
    EAX35231404 (0)
    78DWR072EBR3054
    EBR37735211

my question is very easy... what number do I have to look for, for the board to be compatible with my tv?

I found lots with the EAX number, but some of them are for plasma and my is LCD..?!?! then the ebr number is not equal...

on hte other hand I found just a few with the right EBR number, but then the EAX number was different...

Which one do I have to follow? or do I have to find the right match?

thank you so much.. you are more than welcome to post the result of your search here, if you find any!!

thank you again guys!!

Re: How to buy a main board for LG42lf66? which code shall i look for..

I think the EBR number would be the way to go. Like you said the EAX gets plenty of hits especially on SJ but all different EBR#. I suspect the EAX will be the bare PCB number not the fully assembled board.

It would not hurt to post clear photos of all the labels and part numbers marked on the board for everyone to see and make a better judgement.

On the US site your EBR number does not come up so I am suspecting because this is a UK market TV so most likely correct.

Comment

hm.. yes now it make sense.. in fact I usually try to find my information of compatibility and more info on shopjimmy and I couldnt find my part.. and most likely is because this is built for the UK market...

I have posted the images below and I will start my research..

Comment

Plenty of numbers to choose from! the EAX on the PCB is definitely the PCB print number, stick with the EBR. It looks like the same board is in the 47" model looking at FLATTV but the info is not always correct, I guess you can set these up in service menu but I'm already out of my level of knowledge on these so I'll leave it there.

Looks like you'll have a tough job finding one.

Comment

I just stumbled on this at CHS and the part number they use is different?

EBR36803501

Comment

yes.. prob this is going to be a daily check on ebay waiting for someone to put one on.. hopefully not to expensive..

i found one in italy is 70£...

What is worst is that a month ago I was in front of a decision.. try to change power supply or main board , and the main board was on ebay for 22£.. and I changed the PSU instead!! (((

well I hope someone can give me some extra part nuber that will suit my tv...

thank you for the help tw2005.. really appreciated on saturday morning..

Comment

i really hate that they dont post a nice compatibility list and we have to try and error just because manufacturer dont wont us to repair the tv's ourself..

Comment

I should have tilted my head down a knotch. On the same CHS page.

Part numbers, 220877, Ebr36803501, Ebr37373812, Ebr37588211, Ebr37603601, Ebr37603611, Ebr37735211, Ebt39945902

Models: 42lf66ze, 42lf66zeaecylj, 47lf65aecyljg, 47lf65zcaecllj, 47lf66ze

8pm Here. Did you post the original fault here? There's some pretty switched on people here when in doubt especially mainboard faults can be tricky.

I can't help though with these LCD jobs.
                Last edited by tw2005; 11-02-2013, 04:26 AM.

Comment

i have noticed that too... My tv is 42lf66 and I am looking around to find out if there is any major difference with the lf6642ze...

for the problem, I have made a post and we tried everything...

The tv screen is perfect for 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the temperature of the room, and then the screen flickers and disappear.

I have changed the PSU and the tcon and the problem still persist.. I have done a heat test ( with an hair dryer) and heat the main board is what makes the image go immediately

Comment

And I guess it was one of those BGA chips otherwise I guess you could have go replacing some of the other bits?

It's a shame they don't make them last better.

Comment

Hey zelig880

Have you thought of this?
                      http://www.ohmsupplies.co.uk/epages/...on=ViewProduct

Seems to be a common problem with this model - capacitors on main board. You can prob source parts elsewhere individually.

Comment

well..

the problem shown is that tv wont start if cold mine is that it goes off when warm.. lol I guess is completely the opposite..

The problem is that I would love to test the capacitors, but I really can bother to take them out and I havent got hte opposdontremeneber the name to test them on the board.. they are around 60 and check them all the then re-solder them again is crazy! lol

Will look to find another card fist, if i cant find any in a week, will check the capacitors on by one.. (until dead).. ahaha

Comment

Well, you've got the troublesome capacitor numbers there if that's any help:
                          C901, C954, C533, C970, C975, C915
                          With an ESR meter you can test them in circuit no?

Comment

that is the problem.. i havent got an ers meter.. i just got a normal digital meter...

Comment

Some types of capacitors can give problems when warm, too. I'd definitely try replacing those before the main board.
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hei guys,,

so far so bad with the board.. i can't find it anywhere.. I even searched for the list of compatible board but with no success at all..

I think I will try to replace the cap but I have a question for you.

Is there a way to check if they work with a normal multimeter if I take them out of the board? I will cost me over 15-20£ to buy all the capacitor people suggest to be the cause of the issue, and I dont wont to spend all this money for no reason ( i prefer to invest them in a new board..)

I can check on board, with tv on and whatever is required

Thank you for your help

Comment

what do you think about this guy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=251353562935

I have ebay buyer protection if he doesnt send the board back.. and he has 100% feedback..

Comment

That's a fair price for a half-hour to one hour job plus postage, I'd go for it.
                                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'm working on the same TV. My plan is to replace those caps with through-hole electolytics like this: http://youtu.be/p1zhfYHUIIY?t=10m36s

The caps you'd need are 5x100uF 16V and 1x470uF 16V. Should cut the cost down to a few quid.

Comment

when are you planning to do the job? prob this is what they are going to do to me.. but to be honest.. I have spent way to long on this and I really cant bother to change more cup.. and 36£ is more than fair I guess for labour, postage and parts..

If you want I can let you know what it is going to do to the board.. I have spoken with him and he said that he is not just going to change caps but to make a fix to it because he knows of a known issue ( prob is all crap, but for 30 £ i can try it..)

If you would have told me 10 days ago I would have done it.. but now the board is in the box ready to go.. and I took ages to create the box! ahahahah

Comment

Working...
                                        X