Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost ports in Device Manager

I can no longer see Ports in Device manager in windows 7

I used to be able to plug in my phone or camera and the computer would detect it and open pictures or whatever

Now, it does nothing at all

And, when i look in device manager Ports used to be there but, now disappeared

Anyone have any idea what I can do please

Thanks

Jon
    This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
    Help keep these from the landfills

Re: Lost ports in Device Manager

Especially for my phone.

I used to be able to take pictures and upload them to computer

Now nothing
    This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
    Help keep these from the landfills

Comment

Bad USB cable or port or is your phone or camera damaged? Have you tried it on a different computer? maybe reinstall the drivers for the USB controller if it's USB 3.0??

Comment

Could be a fried usb controller... If this is a desktop, add a USB 2.0 or 3.0 card or replace the mobo (if you need to usb boot o). If you get a USB 2.0 card, be sure to find one with an NEC chip, as while they sometimes cost more, they are more robust and work a lot better. If this is a laptop, netbook, or all-in-one, you need a new mainboard.

To test, make a live linux usb stick and try to boot that. if it boots, then it's probab;y not a hardware issue.
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
        X