Sceptre X24WG Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sceptre X24WG Problems

Hello, I'm the original owner of a Sceptre X24WG (24 inch of course) monitor and it started having trouble 18-24 months ago... I set it aside for awhile and tried it again the last week or so. I get a nice picture when it's first turned on, but I have a green vertical line on the right side of the LCD. See the pictures. When it first went out, after it had been off for a few days, I tried it again and thought it was working and then after awhile it would go out again.

I have tried to read up on the forum here before I posted my problem. I have a lot of pictures and I took voltages from the 11 pin connector. Hopefully I'm providing good details as a new guy here on the forum.

After the monitor has been on a while, it will start to get some pixels in the lower part of the display that turn green... random on the display and then after awhile the display with flash a bit and then eventually go off. It may work for 30-60 minutes.

The pictures of the caps etc... are below... I hope I didn't post too many pictures and I tried to keep them less than 1meg each.

Here are the cap details and voltage details (two different monitor resolutions and the monitor really had not been on very long) The caps all look fine and I'm not seeing any discoloration on the board or any solder joints that look suspecct or cold.

Any suggestions would be helpful! When I found this forum, it motivated me to try and fix the board. Why not right... Thanks, Matt

Caps as identified on the board:

#1 C551 470uF 16v
    #2 C552 470uF 16v
    #3 C553 470uF 16v
    #4 C554 470uF 16v
    #5 C662 470uF 25v
    #6 C5 470uF 25v
    #7 C507 470uF 16v
    #8 C210 33uF 35v
    #9 C114 TAICON specs?

CN500 Voltages Starting Pin #1 closest to corner of board.

Monitor hooked up and on at 1280x1024 resolution analog

Pins:
    1 2.4v
    2 78mv
    3 86mv
    4 4.6v
    5 4.38v
    6 0v
    7 0v
    8 0v
    9 5v
    10 5v
    11 5v

At 1900x1200 resolution analog input (not sure this matters but I checked again):
    1 2.4v
    2 78mv
    3 82mv
    4 4.4v
    5 4.38v
    6 0v
    7 0v
    8 0v
    9 5v
    10 5v
    11 5v

Pictures:
    Attached Files

Re: Sceptre X24WG Problems

This is a failure of the LCD panel, either the 'panel card', drivers on the flex conductor that links the panel card to the glass LCD panel, or a bad bond between the flex conductors and the panel card, or (more likely) between the the flex conductors and the glass LCD panel. All are considered unrepairable outside of a shop that specializes in such repairs.

In short, your options are to use it like that, try to find a good LCD panel, or sell it and buy a new monitor.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

PlainBill, thanks for the quick reply... well, it looks like it's not worth the effort with the cost of lcd monitors these days. And all those pictures I took and uploaded along with checking the panel output voltages Better to know now and not mess with it anymore.

It's tough to find a 1900x1200 monitor these days... everything is now 16:9.

Well, thanks again!

mg

Comment

Originally posted by ng7m View Post
        PlainBill, thanks for the quick reply... well, it looks like it's not worth the effort with the cost of lcd monitors these days. And all those pictures I took and uploaded along with checking the panel output voltages Better to know now and not mess with it anymore.

It's tough to find a 1900x1200 monitor these days... everything is now 16:9.

Well, thanks again!

mg
        It's not a problem. Buy a 24" 16:9 monitor. It will be slightly higher than the old monitor. Cover the right 1/4 and it's like you just went to a slightly larger 4:3.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Matt (ng7m),

It is years later, but what is the full description of the monitor:
          Sceptre X24WG - 1080P
          or
          Sceptre X24WG - Naga
          or
          something else?

I have the 1080P

David

Comment