Syncmaster 305t resolution issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncmaster 305t resolution issue

I have a 305T that I recapped for a screen distortion issue and then a no display with power indicator flashing.

I also used a hot air station to heat the Altera chip to reset it.

Upon completion of these two tasks, i have a great screen, but only at 1280 x 800 resolution.

I have looked for drivers for the monitor, evidently there are none, updated my video drivers (this monitor was working fine on the pc before the repair), i tested monitor on a second pc and still a no go, i swapped out the dual link dvi cable same condition. When i attempt to reset the resolution the monitor goes into a test mode i guess, of solid full screen alternating colors, red, blue, green black, gray and just repeats this until the timer expires and it reverts to the 1280 x 800 resolution. other than that the picture is better i think than it was when i picked the monitor up a year ago second hand.

Is this a condition of me over cooking the Altera chip, or is it suggested that i do a proper re balling of the chip?

Re: Syncmaster 305t resolution issue

If you took the Altera board out for reheating, I suggest you try reseating the ribbon cables.

Comment

Yes I removed the board for reheating, i will reseat the cables again.

but wouldn't their not being seated properly affect all resolutions?

Comment

ok reseated the cables and same condition persists.

Comment

The problem with this monitor wasnt altera chip in the first place it was the ribbon cables connectors they need to be replaced with lead solder

Comment

well re-soldered the connectors, same condition persisted. broke down and bought a new main board, thinking i had maybe over heated something. same problem persists. checked voltages coming from power supply and on the main board and all are good and clean. checked continuity of all cables hoping i have a broken wire, but all checked out ok.

any more ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by lpence View Post
              well re-soldered the connectors, same condition persisted. broke down and bought a new main board, thinking i had maybe over heated something. same problem persists. checked voltages coming from power supply and on the main board and all are good and clean. checked continuity of all cables hoping i have a broken wire, but all checked out ok.

any more ideas?
              The only thing left that could be bad is the T-con.
              Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

ok my bad main board is what i called the t-con board, i have replaced it with a new board and still have same issue. i will check continuity on the d-dvi cable tomorrow just to cover that base as well. if the new t-con board was bad i wouldnt think that i would have same condition as the old board. but then NEW stands for Never Ever Worked sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by lpence View Post
                  ok my bad main board is what i called the t-con board, i have replaced it with a new board and still have same issue. i will check continuity on the d-dvi cable tomorrow just to cover that base as well. if the new t-con board was bad i wouldnt think that i would have same condition as the old board. but then NEW stands for Never Ever Worked sometimes.
                  The T-con Im talking about is attached directly to the screen like this. Is that what you replaced, or are you talking about the A/V processing board.

Note: The T-con is sometimes hidden in some monitors!
                  Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
                  X