Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use freeze spray on a live circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you use freeze spray on a live circuit?

Got some of the freeze spray in the post today. Just wondering if it can be used to cool a live circuit and see if it fixes a fault?

Re: Can you use freeze spray on a live circuit?

I would be careful in case it contains conductive material. I've used it on logic level circuits with no problem, and on live circuits after allowing it to evaporate for a couple of seconds.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have used it on live circuits but be careful if you spray too much the frost will melt instead of sublimate and can cause a short.
      "...off the record, unnamed government sources
      alluded to unsubstantiated innuendos about
      alleged indiscretions and insinuated that they
      are rumored not to be without basis for further
      speculation..."

Comment

It should not be used on a part of a circuit which has a therministor attached to it e.g. heatsinks.
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
          It should not be used on a part of a circuit which has a therministor attached to it e.g. heatsinks.
          yeah very interesting, that wouldnt have even been on my radar. valid point.

Comment

I was gonna say, "When else would use it?" We used to use it all the time to find overheating parts. But as was said, don't shoot it on too thick.
            Presonus Audiobox USB, Schiit Magni 3, Sony MDR-V700

Comment

Originally posted by Logistics View Post
              I was gonna say, "When else would use it?" We used to use it all the time to find overheating parts.
              Yeah I understand what you're saying.. It's just that every book I read said that you should apply the spray and THEN turn on the circuit... None of them say turn on the device and THEN apply the spray.....

I just dont want to damage what I'm working on.

Comment

Working...
              X